Author Topic: Reel Fun Sportfishing-Fluke Report for 8/17/11  (Read 1082 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Reel Fun Sportfishing-Fluke Report for 8/17/11
« on: August 18, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »
Fellow Anglers,

Had Ralph Barone family out on a fluke charter on an absolutely beautiful day. Headed right for Ambrose Channel and set up around an area that had been producing quite well for my customers for the past 2-3 weeks. Too bad someone didn't tell the bigger fish that I was around.

We had a steady pick of shorts on an incoming current, which surprised me to begin with, because I like the outgoing tide for my best action on Fluke fishing. Problem was waiting for the outgoing to occur which seemed to take forever to start. And to my surprise, the incoming turned out to produce better than the outgoing. Boy, just when you think you've got these guys figured out, they do an about face and challenge all previous assumptions.

We decided to have the Barone family bucktail for our trip as this method has been constantly producing better catches than dragging bait by a long shot. We were using 6 oz Spro-Glo bucktails with a teaser about a foot ahead of the Spro which we adorned with numerous combination of pearl white Squid Strips cut about 6-8" long and Gulp Alive products in which both produced nicely. Our biggest fish of the day was a 5 LB, 8 oz fattie that put up a real stink as he got closer to the surface pulling out drag not once but 2 and a 3rd time. A real tough fish! What was also amazing was how small some of the throwbacks were in 70 feet of water....14 inches. Now that's small but back in the water he went for fight another day.

Thank you Barone family for an enjoyable morning on the water.

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

Offline Tbone

Re: Reel Fun Sportfishing-Fluke Report for 8/17/11
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »
Thanks for the report Capt John  clp

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:05:02 AM »
 t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »
Not too shabby!!   t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-