Author Topic: FISH MONGER Dec 10th 2015 .....Report !!  (Read 7375 times)

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
FISH MONGER Dec 10th 2015 .....Report !!
« on: December 11, 2015, 08:58:22 PM »
Dec 10th, one of my many yearly tog trips aboard the Fish Monger. I book these trips during the heart of winter and really look forward to them all year as any avid tog fisherman should!!

As always, I had to put together an all star cast/crew for this outing. You don't show up to this boat with a bunch of first timers.. The Fish Monger takes their fishing seriously , especially their black fishing!!  As does this crew..

Roll the credits ....

you know him, you love him, My side kick, Team north and fun phone member, not to mention my best fishing buddie Paule had to make the roster! I try not to leave home without em..

I Gota have Rick in attendance,  aka the Lobsterman, one of NJSalts top tiered tog slayers, Team North's Captain and fun phone cast member and reason we get offshore tuna fishing every year.

Being the way things have been as of late we had to have tight security on the boat ... So the call was made and we secured Joe ( Irishayes ) As you all know Joe is a retired cop who rounded up his posse and brought Johnny Oz and Keven to keep us safe on the high seas.

If you need some humor and an infectious smile and we do!  You go ahead and get Skip on board to pull on some toggies.

Another go to in these tough serious situations is to give a shout out to Mark ( Treebeard )  the man can fish with the best of them, plus he brings the most beautiful hand crafted rods for all to drool over !!

Two more would round out the cast, Bob S. and Suzanne.. Both Monger regulars .. ( not on NJsalt )

Scheduled for a 6am launch time.. My alarm is set to 3:15am which gets me to the boat around 5:30

Upon arrival and backing into my parking spot at South Side Marina.. I notice 4 guys looking really suspicious that appeared to be breaking into Point Lobster !!

Upon further inspection I figure out its just Joe, Skip, Johnny Oz and Kevin...What a relief !

Finally we get everyone there, load up, throw the ropes and head off to the grounds at 6am Sharp !

Out the inlet we go and are met with a very lazy 2 maybe 3 foot swell as Jerry points the boat north and gets on the throttles!  I can just feel its gona be a great day !

Usually these mid to late Dec trips are right at or below the freezing temperature...Not the case yesterday!!  50 plus degrees.. some were down to their tee shirts !!

We set up on the first drop, Don't want to spot burn so lets just say we all went to church on Thursday.

Action started as soon as the first crabs hit the bottom, the fish were chewing their heads off and coming over the rail at a good clip. Joe was an early contributor to the box with probably some of the biggest fish for the day.

Everyone else got into the hot action putting fish in the box early on then the bite trickled and died to a pick which would last for the most of the day with the exception of a drop we had in the afternoon that produced a nice 1/2 hour flurry.

I could say that guy caught this many and he caught that many....but wouldn't. But I will say this crew boxed up 60 real nice tog for a Monger crew limit !! 

Did anyone have their doubts  5hrug

Couldn't fish on a better boat, ask for a better crew, fish in better weather or have better fishing than we enjoyed yesterday!!  The laughs were constant. Just a fantastic day of relaxing/fishing with great friends !!!!!

One side note to the trip is that Mark Treebeard had some health issues ( kidney stones ) and could not make the trip and had to cancel last minute, I spoke to him this morning and he's doing ok.

The silver lining to that is we passed a hat around the boat at the end of our trip and with no reservation the entire crew pitched in and covered his fare. Bad enough Mark had to miss the trip but that really speaks to how we regard Mark and additionally the caliber of people we have here on this site. Events like that makes me incredibly proud to be a member here and call you friends !!!!

Great time/trip !!

Also like to thanks our sponsors..

Roll Credits ......

The Fish Monger..Jerry and Mate John aka best in the biz !
Coors light
Budweiser
Dunkin doughnuts
Quick Check
Phil's Custom Rods
Gamakatsu
NJoy
Verizon
Grundens

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: FISH MONGER Dec 10th 2015 .....Report !!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 09:22:33 PM »
Great report Kenny t^

Offline Fisherman120

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 09:27:26 PM »
Nice job guys, and hope the stones pass quickly Mark.... That is one of my greatest fears right there, kidney stones sound awful.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 09:33:43 PM »
Great trip on the Monger with Capt Jerry and Mate John as it always is.

Jerry is the first to get mad if the fish aren't chewing as if it is under his control. One of the best captains out there. slt

John, what can I say
He knows if your stuck on the bottom before you do.  :headscra:

Thanks for the invite again Kenny. Always a good time with NJSALT crew!

It was good to see and fish with everyone again.

Thanks to Verizon for not dropping my phone call when I had to put the phone down to hook and land a fish.  t^

I have fished with Bob and Suzanne a few times and are both great people to fish with.

Thanks to Skip, Capt. Joe and Johnny for helping fill the box and and making that big bag of meat to take home.  t^

and....Kevin what can I say.
He just couldn't stop catching fish.
and he tried to stop.
He threw his rod overboard, but Capt Joe would not let him stop and Joe dropped down and hooked the rod and handed it back to Kevin and told him to get back to work and he did. Kevin was high hook for the day.  clp

Our very own Paule was as normal and kept flipping them over the rail along with his side kick Kenny. Glad they are on team north.

Can't wait till the next Tog trip,

Mark hope your felling better and see you on the next trip.  t^
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 09:35:56 PM by Still Running »
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 09:49:49 PM »
As per usual, great time with great people. Thanks for putting this together Kenny and for the invite.
We have to do this more often.

Kudos to Capt Jerry and Mate John for their typical hard work. It always pays off.

Rick, don't forget Kevin's rod n reel had a keeper tog on the other end when I pulled it up. I get credit for that one.  ;D

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 09:55:21 PM »
No sorry Joe
Kevin told me he wanted to give the fish a chance to get away that's why he threw over.

That guy is just that good.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 06:30:17 AM »
I wouldn't expect anything less from this crew. t^

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 06:55:02 AM »
Fun Trip !  chrz

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 10:28:27 AM »
I'm not sure which hurt more.. 3 days of passing stones.. with a side order of diverticulitis,  :-X  or missing this trip..I'm feeling better today thankfully.. but I'm even more thankful for the friends I've made through this site..more than just fishing buddies..real honest to god friends.. It shouldn't surprise me that this crew would rally to cover for me.. the quality of the people that associate here has been proven time and again.. and it's what makes me look forward to these trips all the more..I wanted this one so bad that I must again apologize to Kenny.. who I kept  hanging until my 2nd ER visit on Wed. before I finally admitted defeat..  smk I'm so glad you guys had a great trip.. no one deserves it more.. t^  So...Kenny, Paulie, Rick, Joe, Johnny, Kevin, Skip, Suzanne, and Bob.. again, my sincerest Thanks..  slt and congrats on a great trip! chrz chrz

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 10:36:20 AM »
No apologies needed Mark..
As long as your on the road to recover...health is the most important thing ... Feel better  !!!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:38:20 AM by Kenny »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 10:54:53 AM »
Missed you on the trip Mark. You'll have to get a double digit next trip to make up for missing this one. t^ Good to hear that you are on the mend.

You are 100% correct about the caliber of the people on this site. They're like a second family.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 10:57:35 AM »
What a great crew.  Good to see your feeling better mark.  Good thing you didn't shoot the dog while passing those stones. ;D
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 11:35:22 AM »
The dog should never be in view when the guns ready to fire ed.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »
Always late to the party :P

Great write up guys. t^

Funniest part of day is when Rick has one hand on the rod and the other on his phone.
He sets hook on a nice one and tries to hand me the rod fngr
Has to tell the guy on the phone to hold on. rofla

Great trip  t^ chrz
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 06:58:08 PM »
Rick was multi tasking !!   rofla

Me .... I hand off The phone ... Not the fish !!

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »
That's what happens when you fish on a work day. But when it came down to it the phone was put down till the fish was in the boat.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 08:49:43 PM »
Great going, crew!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 10:15:56 PM »
That's what happens when you fish on a work day. But when it came down to it the phone was put down till the fish was in the boat.

Yes you did, as John netted that bad boy. clp

Then you took a bite of your "PORK ROLL SANDWICH"  pawle rofla
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 12:31:09 AM »
Pork roll  5hrug

rofla

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 08:04:43 AM »
 rgmn win some lose some.  rgmn

Wait till next year.

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-