Author Topic: Micro Guides-Never again!!!  (Read 2289 times)

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
Micro Guides-Never again!!!
« on: March 23, 2013, 08:53:58 AM »
Just completed a freshwater casting rod that a friend has been bugging me to build for him. a 7' rod with Micro guides (darn things are so small). I vow that I will never do another. Just too frustrating trying to wrap.
Give me a conventional or saltwater spin rod and I'm Happy!
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Micro Guides-Never again!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
Pics Larry, pics.  ;D

Sounds like a lot of close work but I saw your work and I bet it came out great.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »
I feel your pain... I just got done wrapping a set with micro runners also..lots of cussing for sure.. I did come up with one little trick finally that helped me a bit.. I use rings of surg. tubing to hold on the guides (as opposed to taping), and found if in addition to the one holding down the guide foot, I added an extra one above the guide and snugged it up tight under the ring, it helped keep the guide from pushing away from the thread as it starts to climb the foot.. So if you are ever forced to break your vow, maybe this will help  t^  chrz  chrz

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »
I've tried the tubing and it does work, but I think I found an easier way. I used guidefoot adhesive. It worked fine and I was able to do the wraps without too many cuss words. Still I don't think I'll break the vow too soon.
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-