Author Topic: Sat 7/12 Sandy Hook Fluke Charter Report....better fluking today  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
Today we hosted Rick, Lou, Wilson and Rick. Headed out at 6 a.m. in search of the flat ones. Ran deep to start in 30 ft out to 80 ft. Water was cold...62.5 on the surface and a 2 knot drift. Couple shorts while waiting for the current to fall out. Once it did, we drifted a couple sea bass spots with only a couple to show for it. Headed shallow again when we got some current. As the tide turned, the fish started chewing....shorts at first and then some keepers mixed in...tons of fluke just holding the baits in their mouth....would come up to the boat and let it go...and gone. The guys bucktailed their arses off and managed 15 keeps but nothing over 19 inches today...but solid action for the last 2 hours of the trip kept the guys busy!
Not a killer day as far as size but a fairly busy day overall. No Lionel Richies today at all and only a few dogs.....mostly fluke which was a nice change.
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: Sat 7/12 Sandy Hook Fluke Charter Report....better fluking today
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 06:05:45 PM »
Side note....was up in the bridge listening to the canyon boys...sounded like they were having a good day on the Yellowfin, Bluefin, mahi and even the sharks.
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 08:11:12 PM »
It's been tough .Nice going Captain Carl . slt

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-