Author Topic: Jacksonville beach fishing  (Read 1517 times)

Offline ilovetofish247

• Full Member of the Den
Jacksonville beach fishing
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:03:42 PM »
I went to visit my aunt for a week in jacksonville beach right on the canal. Fished everyday using live mud minnows the guys down there told me to float them. I was after a red fish because I heard they were there they are just hard to catch because there constantly going in and out of the canal and not in one place for to long. Everyday I would catch little blues, and few other species no more than a foot and a half. I was getting a bit upset because I had nothing good and it was my last day there. I was just sitting on the dock looking around, I got the idea to try something else and bottom feed with one of the minnows. I threw it out and sat my rod in the holder and before I could tie up another rod the line start to take off... I reel it in and was thrilled because I knew it was bigger than anything else I caught there. I got it to the dock and it was a nice sized red. 24inch and eight pounds :) Cant wait to go back

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:35:29 PM by ilovetofish247 »

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
Re: Jacksonville beach fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »
WTG! Patience pays.  TT^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Jacksonville beach fishing
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:23:26 PM »
Good job on changing up your strategy and catching the red.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-