Author Topic: Va Beach Offshore Report  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
Va Beach Offshore Report
« on: August 18, 2010, 10:48:33 PM »
Anglers:

Today we headed offshore in attempt for Marlin. The Crew consisted of Capt. Edgar home from deployment, John Carpenter, “Big Dan” and camera man Andrew.

We broke the inlet at 0600 and made the short run to the 50 fathom line and dropped the spread. The seas were a little angry left over a nice big swell. 5-6 footers but they were spread really far apart and it made for a nice ride. Immediately we were on the mahi. Small bailers at first and then the bigger fish showed up. Each pass I made around a small clump of weeds “Fish On”. We also caught the cow and the bull; I have attached a pic of the bull. Then we set off into deeper water. As we trolled deeper the water didn’t seem to hold as much bait and life as it did inboard so I decided to zig zag back in forth from 25 fathoms to 50 fathoms and found much more life. As we moved inboard we got drilled by some passing “Fat Albert’s”. Big Dan wanted shark bait so in the box they went.  I turned the “Kaylyn” to the north and commenced working back in forth throughout the day. We picked up some black fin on the way, however they were shorties. Then the drilling commenced. The cedar plugs gets nailed, at first I think it’s a King but as the fish gets closer I can tell its Mr. Cuda. Sling the fish into the boat. Take a few pics and over he goes. Troll for a while longer and pick up some more “Fat Albert’s”, a few more black fins and then the cuda wont leave us alone. Head into the tower to see if any AJ’s are there and low and behold the tower is loaded with Cuda as well.

All in all a great trip with good friends. Today’s mix consisted of Cuda, Mahi, Tuna and Fat Albert’s.

Enjoy the pics!!

See you on the water……..Capt. Scott
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:51:26 PM by On Course »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Va Beach Offshore Report
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 10:55:34 PM »
 clp t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »
We were down there fishing on Wednesday off the pier, did not get into the fish you had but did real good off the pier on the CBBT first island.   TT^ clp
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 01:28:25 PM »
nice  t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-