Author Topic: fluke  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Scott Bailey

• seabass sharks cod ling stripers i love fishing
fluke
« on: June 10, 2015, 10:54:59 PM »
Hey guys im looking to go for fluke this Monday any tips on best area's or boats to fish for them are

Offline Fisherman120

Re: fluke
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 11:01:38 PM »
I would save your money right now and fish Manasquan or Shark River. I was out today on a party boat out of Belmar and that was the worst fluke fishing I've ever had from boat. My dad and I didn't land a fluke the entire trip, and it certainly wasn't because of our effort.

The Highlands PBs probably offer you the best chance right now but even then it's far from great fishing. I don't consider 15 keepers for the whole boat to be good, and they are calling that a great day at the moment...Fish the inlets and hit the PBs when the fishing gets better. Ron switching to fluke would be a good indication that the wheels are in motion and he hasn't yet.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:05:08 PM by Fisherman120 »

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 11:17:15 PM »
I would save your money right now and fish Manasquan or Shark River. I was out today on a party boat out of Belmar and that was the worst fluke fishing I've ever had from boat. My dad and I didn't land a fluke the entire trip, and it certainly wasn't because of our effort.

The Highlands PBs probably offer you the best chance right now but even then it's far from great fishing. I don't consider 15 keepers for the whole boat to be good, and they are calling that a great day at the moment...Fish the inlets and hit the PBs when the fishing gets better. Ron switching to fluke would be a good indication that the wheels are in motion and he hasn't yet.

Yeah good point i may just go after seabass instead i know seabass is good my friend went out and caught 15

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 06:12:30 AM »
Down Deep Charter in Keyports been nailing the SeaBass.  They have room on Monday.     Or check out the sponsor page and call the charter and party boats to see how they are doing. Good Luck  t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 06:58:30 AM »
Fished Wednesday ,in Raritan bay ,saw the Miss Belmar Princess in Raritan Bay ,off of Keansburg .That's a lot of riding .Hit a boat out of AH .

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 07:50:25 AM »
 wts  Lots of sea bass.  Fluke inside.  Stripers scarce.

Offline Scott Bailey

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »
Thanks guys

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-