Author Topic: problems with depth finder  (Read 1917 times)

Offline No Issue

problems with depth finder
« on: October 23, 2009, 04:52:27 AM »
Hey guys
I need a little help. I have a raymarine c-80 gps and sounder and I am having problems finding stucture in depths greater then 20ft less then 20ft it shows the bottom fine. I have sent the dms box back twice to raymarine and they tell me it is working fine. I have two transducers on the boat one through hull and one transom mount. both have the same problem. I have played with the gain and the bottom lock with no success. I tried to call the guy who installed the unit and that is not getting me anywhere. Does anyone have a name or a service I can contact for some help.

thanks and tight lines for all

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
Re: problems with depth finder
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 09:40:06 AM »
Give us a little more info.
Is this unit new?
What is your Range set at?
Do you have an Auto function?
Why is there two ducers? Two units I assume.
Boat location?
Capt.Matt

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
Re: problems with depth finder
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »
I'm feeling it is a setting problem. I have a guy that does installs for me hes very busy but Id bee willing to have him come stop by and take a peak... If all else fails   I have a dsm 30 brand new @ the shop you welcome to have it for 276.00 cash  its brand new in the box.

Raymarine has awsome tech support. You can call them while you are on the water and they will help you trouble shoot. I would say restore all the settings and go to a known wreck location in deeper water like 70 plus feet. If it works then come shallow. Keep in mind the more shallow the water the less detail of the structure.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-