Author Topic: 11-8 Manasquan Fishing  (Read 1334 times)

Offline djtdmd

• Vessel "SCORPIO"
11-8 Manasquan Fishing
« on: November 09, 2009, 10:43:33 AM »
Hey guys- went out w/ my 2 boys yesterday about 2, ran down south a few miles, marked all kinds of fish 25ft. and deeper. Was about 1-2 miles off, lots of boats. Trolled some mann 25 stretches, nada, then jigged my new shimano butterfly jigs with no luck. Lots of marks on sounder, could not believe I did not get a hit. Grant it my boys got bored and did not fish after a while, so only my line jigging. Did the same thing on saturday, snotty conditions, and got several jumbo blues with the shimano jigs in the same area, same technique. Go figure. Came in around 5 with nothing. Any of you guys have experience with these new shimano butterfly jigs? They are expensive, but they wotked great on Saturday. Finally got my sounder working well, had alot of transducer placement problems. What a difference.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: 11-8 Manasquan Fishing
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 11:36:23 AM »
IMO..  It's all how you work them. and what is working for that day.  I stood next to bucktail this past trip and watched him land 3 stripers to my None..  He was using the Jig reel method like they say to use.  but others on the boat had Some luck with just a slow retrieve.. I guess you need to have the patience to try different techniques until you find the one that's working..

Offline djtdmd

• Vessel "SCORPIO"
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »
Just curious, but what is the jig method "they" say to use?

Offline shkbilly

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »
Chris Gatley posted his video in the offshore section. I think thats what their talking about. FWIW, jigging tuna this summer, I was cold turkey jigging it like a diamond jig and once I started using his mehtod it turned on. Granted they aere albies  rgmn but action nonetheless.
Bill
After Ours - 20' Grady Overnighter

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 09:55:02 PM »
djtdmd,

Capt. Gatley shows the basic Butterfly jigging technique in this short video.http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=13530.0

For a more detailed explanation of the Butterfly jigging system go here Shimano's Butterfly Jigging Videos

I love it! ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-