Author Topic: my adventure at the hook  (Read 1687 times)

Offline double3fd

my adventure at the hook
« on: July 29, 2008, 06:39:27 PM »
since ive been on this web site i have learned alot for all you guys.  i finally took my little 16' smokercraft with a 9.9hp into the bay.  it was pretty scarry at first but i loosend up and adventured out around the sandy hook bay.  i launched out of the atlantic highlands like you all said to.  i caught a couple of shorties and 1 keeper fluke.  my brother caught a small blue.  it was a lot of fun.  the bay is not that deep though.  i have a fighfinder that doesnt seem to work beacause its always saying theres fish in there but i wasnt catching a thing. 

where's a good spot in the bay to drift or anchor and fish?  it aint the "highway" by the river cause the coast guard gave me a warning, (didnt know i couldnt sit there and fish).  well, let me of any good spots.  thanks for all the advise, cant wait to go out there again!
-Angry Snapper- "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: my adventure at the hook
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »
Double

Channel edges, near the bug light (tip of hook in the bay) if you fish in between the pound nest at the hook there is a nice drop off that holds fish.......Navesink River is good

You have to remember that while we all fish in the channels it is against the rules, most of the time the USCG looks the other way....

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 08:25:15 PM »
nice day.. your fish finder may be working, its marking bait fish.. your fishing for fluke which won't show on the finder.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:30:36 PM »
Congrats! You knew You could do it.Watch the weather and pick your nice days.Up the Rivers into the flats would be nice to try. Good Luck out there. 

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 10:05:08 PM »
Not a bad catch for being new to the area.

As Luna said, your fish finder is working. Almost ANYTHING that passes between your transducer and the bottom will show up as fish.  t^
Perhaps you passed over Jimmy Hoffa.  ;D

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 07:25:01 AM »
Most times the CG will stop and tell you to watch for ships and move as soon as you see them. Never been told to move if a ship was not coming.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-