Author Topic: Windshield/Glass repair  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Sam3

Windshield/Glass repair
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:10:57 AM »
Side windshield and frame got smashed from the storm. Doesn't look like a big deal to fix though.
Anyone know of a company that can make a replacement window and frame?
Boat is G/W. Located in the Highlands.

Thanks.  slt

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: Windshield/Glass repair
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:57:07 AM »
Sam, I think the GW's used Taylor Made back before they were bought out or whatever happened to them. I looked locally (and beyond) a few yrs ago without much luck. I know a Central-NJ guy that can cut flat laminated glass to size. I will dig up his info if you need. It's not as nice as the tempered glass in my opinion, but tempered is hard to find and is made to size specifically.

The frame extrusion is easier to find, I think Marine Glass Specialties has it and they may have the original specs for your boat. I tried there too and I wish I could say I found what I needed but give them a try anyway.

Marine Glass Specialties

Many times there is a rubber extrusion that fits into the frame and locks the glass in place. Hopefully you can re-use yours or I have seen the glass siliconed into the frame in a pinch...

You would think a "boat junkyard" would be teeming with this kind of stuff but surprisingly, no.

Good luck and I'd be interested to hear what you find.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:03:15 AM by wb »

Offline Sam3

Re: Windshield/Glass repair
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 09:35:21 AM »
Sam, I think the GW's used Taylor Made back before they were bought out or whatever happened to them. I looked locally (and beyond) a few yrs ago without much luck. I know a Central-NJ guy that can cut flat laminated glass to size. I will dig up his info if you need. It's not as nice as the tempered glass in my opinion, but tempered is hard to find and is made to size specifically.

The frame extrusion is easier to find, I think Marine Glass Specialties has it and they may have the original specs for your boat. I tried there too and I wish I could say I found what I needed but give them a try anyway.

Marine Glass Specialties

Many times there is a rubber extrusion that fits into the frame and locks the glass in place. Hopefully you can re-use yours or I have seen the glass siliconed into the frame in a pinch...

You would think a "boat junkyard" would be teeming with this kind of stuff but surprisingly, no.

Good luck and I'd be interested to hear what you find.

Thanks for the info Warren. I'll give it a shot.  t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-