Author Topic: Fluka Brasi 5/03-5/06 Report  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
Fluka Brasi 5/03-5/06 Report
« on: May 07, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
Decided to take a couple of days off work to shakedown the Fluka Brasi and kick off the season.. Made the drive down from NY early Sat, am with my buddy John, and met our friend Dave from Trenton at the dock.. Left Keansburg at about 7:30 and was met by a bit of a nasty E wind.. not exactly the conditions I was hoping  for the first trip of the season, but the boat was running fine.. As this is my first spring fishing the bay I decided to spend most my time trolling to look around and get a feel for things.. Started off slow for the first couple hours, but finally had our first knockdown on the plugs, and boated a nice striper about 29".. After that we had steady action the rest of the morning with Bass and Blues, pulling  Bomber 26a's on braid between Keyport and Keansburg  .. Ended the day early due to the continued nasty chop with 6 bass released  from about 26-31", and a pile of  Blues..

On Sunday, John and I skipped the AM  to allow the front to pass, and got out about noon in beautiful weather.. We went back to where we left off the day before near Keansburg  and where right back in business with Blues and Bass all afternoon, with the Bass bite  picking up later in the day..while we where sitting at anchor chunking to take a break from the troll we had the pleasure of seeing Young Gull , who kindly offered us some freshies.. But we didn't spend too much time bait fishing this week..It was great to see a friendly face! Ended sun.with around 8 stripers and again, a ton of blues.. See if you can guess from these pics what color Bombers they where eating  ;D

Started Mon. am at 7:30 with Dave and  my bro Rob joining John and I.. We spent the first hour or so around Keansburg and picked up 1 bass about 28" and a horde of bluefish.. We made a run toward the Hook and made a stop on a likely looking dropoff with nice marks, and where immediately into Bass.. Proceeded to work over the area for several hours with near constant action until the tide slacked..After a short mid tide break for sandwiches, we moved around closer to Romer and got back on the troll, with again steady action on relentless blues, with a few Bass mixed in..Quit about 4 with everyone exhausted and about 15 bass to about 18-19 # and god knows how many Blues.. While we had easily released a 4 man Limit (actually only a handfull of Bass we got in the 4 days was under 28") we killed 1 30" Bass for Dave to take home and 1 about the same to send home to Ma..

Tuesday it was  just John and I again at 7:30 and we ran right back to where we left off.. Had our first bluefish bite before the 2nd rod was in , and it never stopped until at about 2 pm after releasing a double of Blues, we looked at each other and said enough! We only had 3 Bass on Tuesday, but they where all nice fish over 30".. At about 11am John lost a big one near the boat after a long battle that will likely haunt him for a while, but at that point our plugs where so mangled from blues, most of the hooks where bent, so my bad  :P.. All in all a fantastic few days of fishing, in mostly gorgeous weather with great company.. Man, I needed that  TT^
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:31:05 PM by Treebeard »

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
Re: Fluka Brasi 5/03-5/06 Report
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:27:53 PM »
Damn, great Week Mark. Congrats!

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »
Way to go guys TT^
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »
Nice catching. It's great when you can get into them day after day.  t^
I think next week I will get to toss the dock lines off the boat and get out a day or three.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »
very nice report
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline bowguide

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 10:32:11 PM »
great report t^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 10:34:13 PM »
 t^

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
Got my blood going! Nice.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 06:23:32 PM »
Great report thanks!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 12:17:40 AM »
Nice report Mark.  Is it a prerequisite that everyone on board has to have a beard?
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-