Author Topic: Last Call - 5/10  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Last Call

Last Call - 5/10
« on: May 11, 2008, 09:15:12 AM »
With a planned late starting time of 11am, myself, Pat, Tommy and his 7 year old son Ian pulled out of the slip by 11:15am and started out on the troll.  Passing in front of Earle, we quickly hooked up an 8lb demon, in the box for mako bait.  Within 5 minutes the port side pole is violently hit and the reel begins screaming.  Tommy grabs and starts to retrieve the almost 300' of wire.  As the fish gets closer, we outfit Ian with a gimbal belt and Tommy helps him reel in his first bluefish, a monster at just shy of 15.  Little man is now in celebration mode.  We continue to troll, land a couple more demons (working on the mako bait supply) and then we head for Old Orchard to dunk some clams.  Not all too much going there, and Ian is getting impatient and wants to troll again.  So we begin our troll back towards the dock and again the port side pole screams, Tommy sets the hook and off to Ian (with some help) goes the pole.  After quite a bit of cranking, the little guy gets his first striper at 31".  Pat lands his first, I drop quite a trophy about 10' from the boat and I mean she was large.  It's almost like we made eye contact, and she spit the hook with a "see ya" smirk!  All in all good times and little man Ian made for an entertaining trip.

Last Call
LAST CALL

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies,....
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain,....
For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston,....
And so nevermore shall we be seeing you again.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Last Call - 5/10
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »
Nice report, Little Ian should remember the day for a long time. chrz   What lures were you trolling with?
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Last Call

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:28:47 AM »
Julian's Bunker Spoons w/ a custom bend to the spoon.  Bass hit both white and green.

Last Call
LAST CALL

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies,....
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain,....
For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston,....
And so nevermore shall we be seeing you again.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 09:32:32 AM »
Nice report. You not only hook some nice fish, but you hooked Ian too.  I bet you won't be able to plan a trip without him wanting to be included. t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 10:18:10 AM »
great report..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-