Author Topic: Point Pleasant Canal 6/05-06  (Read 1354 times)

Offline wink_man

Point Pleasant Canal 6/05-06
« on: June 07, 2008, 05:11:22 PM »
Report is a little delayed, as after fishing on the morning of the 5th, came home to a phone call and had family business to attend to.

Started fishing about 4:30Am on the 5th. Caught a 22 inch striper in the dark shortly after. 5 3/4 Fin-S on a 3/4 ounce jig, as usual.

Tide went slack shortly after daylight, and blues invaded up to the 88 bridge, where I was fishing. After losing several Fin-S to the blues, I put on a 3/4 ounce Hopkins shorty. First cast I bounced the Hopkins off the wall on the opposite side of the canal, started reeling and caught a 21 inch striper, go figure.

After that is was bluefish from the 88 bridge to the mouth of the canal at the river, all you wanted or didn't want, you didn't have much of a choice.

Fished last night about 4:30PM till well after dark, and didn't do a thing with stripers. Bluefish at the mouth ot the canal from 2 to 4 pounds, they were getting them one right after the other when I left there about 5:30PM to go fish by the route 88 bridge.

It pretty much confirms my theory that the stripers are feeding at night till shortly after daylight. I have a favorable tide tonight with fishable water from 1AM on an incoming tide to slack water at approx. 3:30AM to an outgoing tide. I'll give that a shot and see what happens. I much prefer to fish in the daylight, as I like to see the fish coming in, but one has to fish when they are on the feed. I'll report back tomorrow AM if I did anything.

Garry 

Offline rugman

• Super Hero Member
  • ARTY'S CARPET SERVICE
Re: Point Pleasant Canal 6/05-06
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »
 t^ t^NICE ONE FOR THE GRILL chrz chrz chrz
Arty's Carpet Service.

For all your carpet needs RUGMAN7092@OPTONLINE.NET

Offline wink_man

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 05:17:09 PM »
t^ t^NICE ONE FOR THE GRILL

Perhaps, if they were legal, both fish were released and are back in the Canal.

Garry

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »
At least the blue fish hold your interest.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline FINITALIA2

• 43.8lbs. 49in.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 11:24:16 AM »
nice pics

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-