Author Topic: Raritan Bay Fluking 7/6  (Read 2523 times)

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
Raritan Bay Fluking 7/6
« on: July 07, 2010, 08:36:56 AM »
John and myself out of Sayreville at around 6:15,had spoke to Salty Dog who was already out and had picked some shorts,told him we'll catch up with him later.started fishing the back with no success and gradually moved up the bay and eventually to the TC buoy where I finally latch on to what I believe is a nice fluke,comes up as one with the tail.move out to just off the hook where we see Salty dog and Ben and get some killies from them,move off from them and continue fishing and they moved into Sandy Hook bay.no soooner than they left John gets one at 21 inches that goes into the box.stayed here into the slack with very little drift and it's getting hot,we did pick a few shorts and birds.started moving back bay and tried a few spots with only a few shorts,met up with Salty Dog again and drifted with him for awhile and then he headed in.tried the back for awhile but getting very hot.just before heading in around 1 outboard acting up at idle and slow speed,runnning rough but ok at full throttle.Flushing at ramp motor doesn't sound right and wants to stall.when I got home in checking removed separator to check and mt gasket came off.went to my dealer and replaced,when I come out truck won't start,bride had to pick me up,my mechanic picking up truck this morning.on outboard replaced seperator,checked plugs,looked good,cleaned and regapped,fired up and sounds good.hopefully the truck is something minor.wanted to try again this week but if this heat continues Don't know.sitting and drifting in that heat,if only they would bite at a 25 knot troll,felt good while moving out there.      Kez
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:41:06 AM by kezsr »
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: Raritan Bay Fluking 7/6
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:42:18 AM »
Man,when it's hot the water,you know it's bad.Could feel it getting hotter as we neared the sail boats on the way into Keyport.I'm like you Dennis.Going to wait for cooler weather or some really glowing reports,before heading out.In the mean time,find some shade and  chrz

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:16:05 AM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
Dennis, it was so hot the other day, we actually stopped fishing, threw out the hook, and dove in. WOW that 72deg ocean water felt good- and you dint even need a towel afterwards.

Offline Spearfish

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 01:32:14 PM »
Let it cool down to at least 90 and it should be better. 

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 04:06:03 PM »
Hope the motor stuff on the boat and truck is a quick fix.
Its HOT not many people outside or on the water.
Keep cool and see you out there.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 06:09:25 AM »
Hope the truck thing is small also. Cooler days soon I hope.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 06:51:02 AM »
didn't luck out with the truck being and easy fix,fuel pump went,exspensive part,hopefully they can get it today.no fishing without a truck to pull the trailer. :'(    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Online Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 08:14:50 AM »
Good luck Kez,  Good thing you did not break down on road with trailer.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
Dennis things can only get better, Thats the way those fuel pumps go, No warning signs they just crap out  rgmn It's tough whaen you have to quit fishing because of the heat but your not alone hang tough  TT^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 07:04:07 AM »
Looks like we might be trying for Monday.Give a shout,if your going out Dennis.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-