Author Topic: WWW.SSFFF.NET  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Great American Fisherman

WWW.SSFFF.NET
« on: January 01, 2012, 05:20:21 PM »
Hello,

Its January 1, 2012.  Happy New Year to all.

I just wanted to remind folks that SSFFF works hard to keep our Fluke fishing.  As a result, you have seen an extended season in 2011.  Research caused this.  And from what Captain Adam from RFA-NJ said, 2012 might have a longer season or shorter keeper size.  Who knows.  But we have to thank the folks at SSFFF for their work.

Its a new year and its a time if you can to donate to this fine organization.  I am not affiliated with SSFFF but I do believe in their work and I just want to get the word out.

I'll be sending my donation this week.  If you can, I hope you do as well.  We need to fight back against government stupidity as far as our fishing rights goes.

Thank you in advance and I wish you all a very Happy and Healthy and Awesome Fishing New Year!!!

Take care,

Jim

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: WWW.SSFFF.NET
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 05:31:25 PM »
 t^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »
NJSWF is a proud supporter of the SSFFF t^  Last I heard.. They weren't excepting anymore donations..  Something like that..  Do they have a new agenda?

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 07:02:27 PM »
Rod,

Can you contact Captain Tony Bogan and see if www.ssfff.net is still around?  I'd hate to see me or other folks send in donations if they are not around anymore.  There was no news about that as far as I know.

Captain Tony Bogan would now if you can contact him.

Thank you,

Jim

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 07:04:17 PM »
Done..

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 12:21:48 PM »
From The SSFFF

Rod, while we are still accepting donations we are not actively soliciting people for money in light of the poor economy, the holidays just passing etc., not to mention the fact that people have been so generous we have enough funding to complete the current projects that have already begun. As we need to start new projects we will  need to reach out for additional funds, so as some donations continue to come in we gladly accept them and deposit them for the next round of research that is coming.

Here is a clip from our last press release that explains a bit, and you can also go right to the website and read the whole press release for yourself (link is right on the home page at www.ssfff.net)

Thank you for your continued support,
The SSFFF Board

In recognition of a difficult economy, SSFFF has decided to forgo a 2011 fundraising dinner. Board
member Greg Hueth reports, there is currently enough funding in the treasury to complete the studies
that have been commissioned and with that in mind, we will not seek additional funding at this time. In
the future, we will reach out to our supporters as needed.
The Board would like to thank every one of its contributors and loyal supporters who have been so very generous over these past three years. Without those businesses, organizations and individuals from all
parts of the country who tirelessly supported SSFFF, our opportunity to enjoy this resource would have most certainly been denied.
SSFFF continues to fund scientific research and independent data collection efforts that will most
assuredly lead to a better understanding of fishery populations today and will allow it to carry out its
mission of safeguarding summer flounder fishing access, not just for those who enjoy it, but also to
ensure the survival of those who depend on it.
We thank you all for your continued support.

Great! organization, that has done a lot for the fisherman t^

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »
Captain Tony Bogan was kind enough to email me personally.  Told me the same thing.

So, the bottom line is SSFFF is open for business and we can donate.

I know times are tough.  But if you can aford a few dollars, I 'm sure it would be appreciated.  I am sending my donation out tomorrow.  Lets send SSFFF a thank you for helping us with our Fluke fishery.

Thank you all in advance and Thank You SSFFF.

Jim

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-