Author Topic: Striper fishing for Raritan bay - Summer/Fall  (Read 1554 times)

Offline pktaske

• Still Small Voice
Striper fishing for Raritan bay - Summer/Fall
« on: July 20, 2007, 03:49:18 PM »
I'm going to have my kids out alot doing plenty of tubing and fluking but the times I head out with friends I want to look to get into some stripers. I've read the spring stripers thread that's posted but I was wondering if there some tips for the summer (now) and fall. I'm trying to harvest my share of bunkers on the way in and out of Keyport for chum/chunks and would appreciate any advice (especially times and tides to fish). It would be cool to hook up with some of you and for a trip out of Keyport or Leonardo - my boat needs a workout before I put her away in (hopefully) November.

I used to do some live lining and wire trolling a few years ago with a friend but we kept it really simple and only hit fish when you couldn't help it (ie-they were everywhere) and nothing really of lunker proportions (20lbs and over). I'd like to make this year THE year! Thanks...Nick

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
Re: Striper fishing for Raritan bay - Summer/Fall
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 04:08:14 PM »
I stopped fishing for bass a month ago but they are around my buddies been hitting them up 38 lbs around the hook area , find a pod and work it if nothing under them then find more ,you can also set up on the chunkk in the ocean and have alot of action most will be junk but a bass will come by sooner or later

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 04:14:07 PM »
Summer striper fishing in Raritan bay is mainly a night time activity. Drifitng sandworms is the primary method. Best areas are some of the deep water spots at the mouth of the bay.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 12:15:32 AM »
Early morning before sun up or evening are the best times, we are still getting some nice 28-33" fish under the Highlands bridge.

Most of your action right now is on the outside from Sea Bright to Manasquan, the big bass are chasing the bunkers schools up and down the coast. ;)

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-