Author Topic: Lure tubes  (Read 2420 times)

Offline beachwalker

Lure tubes
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:37:14 PM »
Has anyone used these instead of a plug bag?My plug bag has kind of had it and since you cant drive on the beaches in cape may you have to do alot of walking wondering if this would be a more comfortable way to go or should i just buy another plug bag?

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Lure tubes
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »
I use lure tubes in a bag that I turned into a plug bag.  I bought a couple different diameter tubes that I cut down to the sizes I needed.  Bought extra end caps and put them inside an old Swiss(I think) army surplus messenger bag.  I replaced the buttons on the front with velcro for easier access and added metal grommets on the bottom for drainage.  The bag is 16 years old and still going strong...I have had to replace some of the tubes, but the bag itself is super heavy duty material so...

I considered and have been looking to replace the bag, but I noticed that the army surplus isn't as cheap as it used to be.  If you look around you can find the right size, right material and right price and spend much, MUCH less than buying a commercially made bag that probably won't last as long.  You can buy the plastic tubes or even plastic bag trays online for not too much either.

TT^

Offline beachwalker

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 07:57:17 PM »
Thanks but what im talking about are the tubes that snap onto your surf belt.www.luretubes.com

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 08:31:12 PM »
 s5r

I was not familiar with that!  I thought you were talking about the difference between the lure tray inserts and the separate plastic tubes.

They look cool.  I don't think I would replace my bag with them, but maybe carry a couple for those go to lures or lure you want to get to quickly.

Thanks for the info...sorry I couldn't help more.

TT^

Offline beachwalker

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 08:16:58 AM »
Don't be sorry at all you gave me a great tip. I think i will make another bag since my old bag lasted 18yrs it was made from an army ammo bag,i will make another one and use a couple lure tubes like you said for those go to lures.I'm heading for poverty beach cape may tonight,i will post a report tomorrow.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:27:13 AM »
Yeah, you can't beat those army surplus bags.  Those tubes are really cool.  Great invention that person or company came up with and they really aren't that expensive.  Good luck with your bag and fishing.

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-