Author Topic: Mojo Rigs  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Mojo Rigs
« on: February 01, 2009, 07:46:57 PM »
Anyone use a Mojo Rig for Stripers?  It is basically just an inline weight with a 9" Storm Swim Shad and then a 6" Storm Swim Shad used as a teaser.  I read that they are being used to troll by boat, but modified it could work pretty well in the surf, I think used as a swimbait!?

TT^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Mojo Rigs
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 10:14:51 PM »
Sounds like an awfully big chunk of bait to be throwing off the surf.  Two big Storm Shads swinging around may be tough to cast and even tougher to keep from tangling in the waves.

The way you describe it, it sounds like (other than trolling) it may work vertical jigging or drifting off a boat.

Offline Duffman

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »
  I've used some trolling that I made up myself.  Work well with stripers, trouble is blues tear them to shreds.
  Basically its a slim line version of an umbrella rig, difference being the shads are all inline with the trailer having the hook.
  I guess you can make a modified version with less shads and smaller bodies. I still think it will be awkward to throw from the beach though.
  Maybe a shad with a feather teaser would be a better way to go from the suds.

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »
I have not tried this rig yet, but plan to try trolling it some this spring.. I think it may work well in conjuction with diving plugs, over areas of uneven bottom that are not condusive to pulling umbrellas.. But I agree with Duff, in that blues will undoubtly chomp'em.. and from what I've seen, they seem unwieldy at best for casting..

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-