Author Topic: NJ. fishing license ?  (Read 10001 times)

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: NJ. fishing license ?
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 08:50:11 AM »
From what I understand (and that's not much ;D) they are claiming that the administration of this registration/license is going to cost around $1,000,0000.  I just don't see how it can possibly cost that much. 

NJ already has a computerized license system in place.  It has been around for almost three years now.  So they wouldn't have to print new license books like they used to do.  All they have to do is add it to the already existing system.  They could even have folks register on their home computers.  Collecting whatever data they would require of each angler would also be computerized.

How can it possibly cost that much? 5hrug

Have you ever seen the price of a toilet seat the government buys.  cfzd
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »
Have you ever seen the price of a toilet seat the government buys.  cfzd

LOL!  Actually Joe, those are justified.  You see, they are special toilet seats.  They're made extra strong to handle the huge amount of crap the government spews out! ;D

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »
just remember the old saying:

a penny saved is a result of Goverment Oversight! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline CaptJohn

• Unreel SportFishing
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 09:34:33 AM »
I know most everyone's first response is " no way do I want to pay more money to the government especially to fish in the ocean"! 

But we really do need to come up with a saltwater license (where the monies go back into a fund set up for fisheries).  It can be done!  If we wait too long, the feds will make one for us and use our money in general funds.

We as a fishing community need this money to for many things, with the number 1 reason being better funding for research.  This money could help us fight the ever growing regulatons issues at hand.

SO SPREAD THE WORD, "WE NEED A SALTWATER FISHING LICENSE AND WE MUST DO IT QUICKLY"

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 11:15:07 AM »
Captain John. a saltwater fishing license is inevitable, either from the state or the feds, as you have said.

The problem I have with it is the fact that the fees for this license will be of absolutely no benefit to the fisherman/woman. The money would simply be put into the general fund and spent on foolish thing that the government all too well knows how to spend on. I do not believe that it would be put into a dedicated fishing fund. If that were the case, that would be fantastic and I think all fishermen/women would agree to a license, me included.

It is my understanding that the feds only need a list of boat owners/fishermen from each coastal bordering state so they have a better data base of who they would call for their 'surveys', which, in my opinion, is the most idiotic way of gathering information needed to direct them in a useful management of our resources. This list of fishermen/boat owners would dictate no need for a 'saltwater' license, only information passed onto the federal agency. Most of this information is readily available to the state government by checking Motor Vehicle Commission files under boat registrations.

As I recall from previous releases from the feds, compliance in providing this 'list' would amount to pennies for each individual registered and not the $20-25 that would probably be the fee for a license.

The only reason this license is wanted by the great state of New Jersey is for added revenue to their over burdened budget.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 02:18:46 PM »
pay me 5 bucks a man
I'll keep the fishing registry on my laptop and provide copies to the Feds as needed
I'll keep the money
in the end we'll all go fishing and I can retire

Feds happy, me happy, way less bux than any goverment boondoggle they can imagine so we all win!!!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »
 TT^

Offline Capt. Joe G

• Sponsor
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »
Capt. John.. I to agree  that a license is need but to what cost to the industry?? I also going to agree with Irishayes.. if it would be put aside for the marine fisheries as they do in the southern state,, all for it.. But you and I both know it will be spemt foolishly among corrupt politician..

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 09:41:28 PM »
i'm split on the idea.....one part says yeah if it goes back to the industry....then the other part of me says..."ok why do i need that twic card exactly?" hmmmmmm yup...im gonna dock my 32 footer right next to that tanker in a protected port....ok!
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 09:59:27 PM »
Been there done that Capt Carl. Still waiting for them to make their decision that charter boat captains don't need a twic card. Supposedly in the works, can't wait to get my refund.  :P

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-