Author Topic: ramp  (Read 1957 times)

Offline PHIL

ramp
« on: March 11, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »
Hey does anyone know Lightning Jacks on Sally Ike Rd. I'm pretty close to there and I hear they have a ramp there. Does any one know if the ramp is good, hows the water depth over there. How far from the ocean? Thanx guys. grtn

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Re: ramp
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 10:30:55 PM »
When I want to go into the Manasquan river, or out Manasquan Inlet, I launch from the Manasquan River Club, Riverside Drive, Brick. it's about halfway up the river as opposed to at the top like Lightning Jacks. If you want to go into Barney Bay, I would launch at Mantoloking Cove Marina, off Mantoloking Road at the foot of the Mantoloking bridge. This also puts you within seconds of the famous "F" Cove. Here is a list of New Jersey ramps, I hope this helps. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/boat_ramp_guide.pdf Good Luck! <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline PHIL

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 03:52:03 PM »
Hey that Manasquan River Club. Is that right by Marine Max right off of 70? I can pick up bait on the water then at one of the marinas on the way out to the ocean right? chrz

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 07:44:51 PM »
Hey that Manasquan River Club. Is that right by Marine Max right off of 70? I can pick up bait on the water then at one of the marinas on the way out to the ocean right? chrz
Yes, Manasquan River Club has a nice ramp with a floating dock, only down side is that they open at 8am. You can sometimes make arrangements with the manager the day in advance, as he usally arrives a few hours earley. You can stop at Hoffmans on the way out. You can call them and they will have everything, including ice, waiting for you at the fuel dock.

At the Mantoloking Cove Marina, you can launch ANYTIME. If they are closed, like 4am, just write your vehicle description and plate # on an envelope with $20, slip it in the mail slot, and go on your way.  <'((((>< 

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 11:57:02 PM »
I've seen a little b/s ramp at the end of the metedeconk before the am legion that i see people use, with a dirt lot a block away.  5hrug always wondered what the stipulations were. 
Z

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »
I have never used that ramp. I did check it out, skinny water, even worse at low tide. I guess it depends on the boat being launched, and if you want to get wet or not.  Yes, it's free, and the only place to park is in the dirt lot.The girl selling hotdogs said the police do not give tickets to trucks parked there.  <'((((>< 

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-