Author Topic: IBSP was a ZOO!!!  (Read 3639 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
IBSP was a ZOO!!!
« on: May 27, 2007, 10:55:12 PM »
All I can say is WOW. 

We arrived at IBSP around 11:00 after a bad night of storms.  It seemed like the normal amount of cars entering the park.  Drove down to the end of the road and let out the air and proceeded onto the beach.  It looked like an invasion, vehicles all over the place.  Proceded to drive down to the North jetty and see what was happening down there, well it was like take a number and wait your turn just to see the water.  There were so many vehicles and pole holders we estimated that there was a pole holder every 10 yards on average.

We finally picked a spot where the finger bar juts out just north of the first trough close to the north jetty, beggars can't be choosy at this point.  I had my allotment of clams and usual plugs and metal ready to go.  first cast and we settled in.  The next thing I noticed was there were people running and throwing everything but the kitchen sink and there were  guys in the water throwing heavy metal stuff and coming right at me.  They were following a pod of blues, that were no more than 90 feet from the shore line.  There must of been about 6 - 8 guys with glazed eyes and a funny grins doing this, NOTHING...  Thats right not one of them managed to pick one out of the pod.  Crazy stuff going on this year down here... :-X

This happened about 3 times when we were there in the afternoon.  Needless to say we were skunked but that is OK it was a great day to be at the beach with family.  I have to say I did see a few blues caught but  they were caught on clams and bunker and not artificial lures.

Fishing Dude if you were down here we missed you.  The crowd was too thick maybe next time.

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: IBSP was a ZOO!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:15:07 PM »
Ped,
That's one of the reasons I stopped doing the surf thing.  Too many knuckleheads anymore.  Catch a fish, walk to dry sand to unhook/box the fish, turn around and you have someone in your foot prints.  Got to be too much for me to take so I bought a boat.  Now I have to dodge the nutzos out there.  LOL. Can't get away from em.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:31:31 PM »
Oh I'll believe it.  The boat traffic out the inlet was non stop.  Crazies going full bore through the inlet and this was on a fairly calm sea day.  The people don't bother my I just look at em and start to laugh.  Where else can you get a comedy show at the beach?  I am glad I can get out there during the week to avoid the crowds.  Today my daughter and a couple of her friends wanted to go so there we were; The Rockie Comedy Horror Show. :P

I might open the pool tomorrow I'll see.

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline shadyvito

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 09:20:56 AM »
I hate crowds! I go fishing to relax and nothing makes me more aggravated then stupid people.  I'm glad to see that you were able to have a good time inspite of the crowds.
PS - That's what that part of the alphabet would look like if there where no Q or R.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 11:52:25 AM »
Historically this weekend is the worse.  People can't wait to hit the beach and relax I can understand that.  What I don't understand is how people can think they can just run into an area occupied by someone who is actively fishing and cast their lures and get tangled in lines and expect every one to stay calm while they plunder through.

I am surprised there were no major fights on the beach yesterday.  I was there to relax and not get mad (which I didn't) and have fun with my family and their friends.

I knew yesterday was going to be pretty much a washout because I would be the bait guy for everyone but thats OK. 8)  I didn;t even take my fly rod along because I knew it would be too crowded (sigh)... :P

I can't wait for the out of towner's to go home and give me back my beach(already).  I have all week so to speak so thats alright I guess. :-\

Paul
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 11:54:20 AM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 12:15:23 PM »
That's the attitude Paul.  We can't let the maroons get to us.   TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline NJetty

• You let HOW MUCH #^$@#! AIR out of the tires???
  • You let %&$&^$ HOW MUCH air out of the tires!?!
    • UBNJ
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 01:21:09 PM »
The Island wasn't that bad today.  Me and My Pop pulled 26 blues out of the inlet this morning.  Decent fish, 3 to 5 pounders.  Heading back out to the Jetty later.
UBNJ - LM
P&Y Club - Associate Life Member
PBA - Associate Member
NJBBA

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:42:49 PM »
Paul, the thunder and lightning seen from my house here in Brick as I was about to head out on Saturday night made me stay home. I went out Sunday Night, arriving on the beach at about 7pm. Stayed until 10am Monday morning. Had a spot a few hundred yards south if The Judges Shack all to our self. Did the romantic campfire thing with my wife. (also caught fish). To get away from the summertime crowds,you have to  fish the hours when the tourist leave, there almost all gone by sunset. The Pocket on the otherhand is always popular and crowded, more than crowded on the weekends. I also like to get on the beach and fish and hour or two before sunrise and be off the beach by 10 to avoid the mob.You can purchase your bait the night before, and get that extra jump on the other guys who are waiting for the local bait shops to open.I also like to fish Gilkins to aviod the partyers(fishing only rule), The water has some nice deep spots up there too. I'll have to get together with you out at IBSP sometime soon.  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 12:55:50 PM »
We did the same thing only we were on the beach Sunday by 11:00 only because my crowd wanted to go I warned them and got a rousing chorus of, SO WHAT WE WANT TO GO TO THE BEACH!!!

Oh well I'm just the driver and bait boy on this one.

I did get the bait from Grumpys on Sat. right before the storm hit and was back home in less than 10 mins.

I agree Gilikins is great but when I have my brood with me I head south.  When it is just me or me and the wife we like the north beach.

One of these days we will link up I am sure.

I am trying to go for a couple of hours Wed. morning but I have to get a big picture framing job for a local high school finished first.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-