Author Topic: New To The Silver Bay Area- any suggestions?  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Section32

• Hook'em Young!
New To The Silver Bay Area- any suggestions?
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »
Just moved here from NW Jersey and I'm on the Toms River side of Silver Bay.  Been casting everything out back but not a single sign of life yet.
Always been an ocean/boat fisherman (obsessed with Blackfishing)...fished occasionally in Raritan for Stripers, but never down here.  Never seen a single report about Silver Bay.  Worth fishing or should I just head somewhere on Barnegat Bay? NO Boat.....fishing from shore only.
Would like to fish Barnegat Bay, but have no clue where to go?  Are there any websites with maps of the bay?  Any suggestions for places to go?  West side/east side?  Any suggestions or help would be tremendously appreciated.  I've heard so much about the hot Striper fishery but again do not no where to begin.
Thank you in advance and keep on fishing!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: New To The Silver Bay Area- any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:18:09 PM »
Welcome Section32.  The Bay Holds a lot of great fishing location. (which I'm just picking up on myself).

Have a look here.
http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=148

you can get a good look at the bay and what she as to offer.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »
Welcome Section32,

I have fished this area for many moons.  I lived in Snug Harbor for many of those years on Pinta Ct. now I live off Vaughn Ave.  Silver Bay is a tough spot to fish I had more luck in the lagoons than in the small bay itself.  Your best bet would be to fish at the end of Bay Ave and walk onto the parks property.  There are many areas in Island Heights.  If you go over the bridge there are many areas to fish heading north or south on Rt 35.

I don't live to far from you if you would like I can show you some good spots to start you off.  Just let me know.  I usually fish the surf and I just started kayaking off Island Beach State Park this year.

There are so many places to fish and so little time especially with it raining almost every day.

Again Welcome Aboard

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Section32

• Hook'em Young!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »
Thank you for the quick response.  Greatly appreciated.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:58:34 PM »
Welcome grtn!  Don't give up on that area.  It holds fish and lots of crabs!!  Right now might be a bit too early, but as summer rolls in, you will see more and more fish there.  If you venture by boat out of the Silver Bay into the Barnegat Bay, you will find better fishing opportunities.  You can stay on the north side of the Bay there or cross under the bridge and head south.  The north part of the Bay into Bay Head and Point Pleasant, the Canal and the Inlet area have lots of good fishing.

Good Luck!

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-