Author Topic: Albright Knot variation to Alberto's knot.  (Read 2586 times)

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
Albright Knot variation to Alberto's knot.
« on: May 11, 2009, 08:15:15 PM »
Have any of you Gents used this Alberto's knot as a variation of the Albright Knot.
Do you like it and is it easy to tie (for my fat a$$,arthritic fingers).Thank God I have a sence of humor.  rofla rofla   hhppy  Thanks, AJ.

Offline mgm

Re: Albright Knot variation to Alberto's knot.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:54:13 AM »
I find that in the field easier knots are the slim beauty or the Red Phillips knot. Here is the link for the Red Phillips.  The overhand knot or the double overhand knot on the thicker mono is pretty foolproof...never had a failure yet with some large bass or blackfish.

http://www.njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=7951.0

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 04:34:38 PM by Hotrod »
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »
Alberto Knot is pretty good.  Was my go-to knot for awhile for mono to braid/superline connection.

With practice you can tie it pretty quickly.  When tied correctly it is quite strong and compact.  Did have some issues with real light braid/mono with it and Fireline seemed to not like this not at times 5hrug  Then again, I'm kinda anal rententive about my knots so might have been overly picky on it's failures.

Uni to uni is still probably the quickest connection knot IMHO. Slim beauty is pretty good too and basically what I use mainly now.

One of the strongest, but a little tricky to tie is a bimini twist in the braid followed by a yucatan knot for the actual mono connection. Beleive a few tests had this as one of the strongest possible.

XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:40:10 PM »
MGM and Gottog, Thanks for the come back. I will look at those other knots you suggest and try them out.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-