Author Topic: Question Of The Day  (Read 3377 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Question Of The Day
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:52:22 AM »
Why is it that just about every boat that runs out of the Manasquan Inlet at 5 am....needs to run wide open 50 yards off the beach from Point Pleasant to Seaside..... I get about an hour of fishing in.... before the first nut case runs the entire beach line in the morning.... what ever fish I have are now done with....... I just don't get it...... Is there a reason for this I'm missing.... This is the best time of year to land big bass off the beach,while these large pods of bunker are around..... But one or two boats that close to the beach..... running wide open...... Its all over......

Just asking........
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Question Of The Day
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 07:35:25 AM »
wow, not good, the only think i can think of is just getting to there fishing grounds sooner, but that still doesn't make it right.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 07:37:17 AM »
I don't know why they do that and it is not just of the beach by you. I fish the Navasink and Schrewsberry in a 16' Sea Nymph and most of the boats that go by me are running full speed and 20 yard away. It's like I have a big fast boat so get out of my way. They don't think that running that fast and close could do anything to the boats they pass. If they capsized a boat they are going so fast they would not even know. Not smart or safe boating. Just my 2 cents.

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:45:54 AM »
Can't answer that question K1.  But I can tell you that the clueless boaters are everywhere.

Last week, I was all alone fishing from a small pier in a protected area of the bay.  Out of nowhere some brainless wonder comes running full bore right at me! cfzd 

He literally stops his boat less than 10' from the dock - creating a huge wake which shook the planks.  As he did this, his passenger, which was a little boy of about seven or eight starts saying, "Where are you going Pop?"

As the boat comes to a complete stop, the guy grabs his fishing rod, looks over at me and says, "Catching anything?"  I just shook my head and looked away.  If it wasn't for the little one on board I probably would have had some choice words for him. :-X

Now, you may think this boater was a novice (and I suppose he could have been), but the fact that he was running a 26'-28' Regulator named "Fish This!" with twin 250s and a picture of a sailfish on the side, leads me to believe he wasn't!

Unfortunately for his grandson, another angler was just walking onto the pier as this happened.  Unlike myself, he just gave it to him with both barrels!  With expletives flying from the dock, the boater finally started up his engine and started away.  As they pulled away I heard the boy say, "Why are we leaving Pop?  Do they own that dock?"  To which his grandfather answered, "They think they do!"

Some people will never learn. nosmly
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 07:46:33 AM by Bucktail »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 07:51:36 AM »
As had been said before, they have to get to their fishing spot in a hurry. Most of the time these are the same people who will chastise others for doing the same thing.

While fishing the other evening a sport fisherman muscled his way into the middle of the bunker pod just so his 'fares' could get a shot at the bass. He would have blasted someone else for doing the same thing.  nosmly
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 08:55:43 AM »
Sad that there are that many people who don't get it.  My preference is to fish during the week and minimize the exposure but even then they are out there.

Offline dreamsfloatjoe

• Bait Cutter
  • Bait Cutter
    • Anchors Aweigh Charters, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 08:57:12 AM »
... Just asking...

What is these are "The Professionals", for US $ .02 Alex.   rofla

DreamsFloat Joe - Mate
M/V Ye Ole Pirate, Anchors Aweigh Charters, Inc.
Fernandina Beach Harbor Marina, Amelia Island, Florida  32034  USA

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 09:28:51 AM »
Fishing from the beach is no different as the flock of anglers migrate up and down the beach and have no clue what they are doing.  Pilot you have the right idea and I do the same (whenever I can get out this year)I fish the weekdays when the weekend worriers are not around.

But even then the added pressure from others that are on vacation really change the patterns the way I fish.  It is amazing how inconsiderate they are and have no regard for anyone that is around them what so ever.  I am surprised that there are not more confrontations than there are during this time of year.

If you don't think this happens then why do the emergency agencies like police add extra personal to their ranks during the summer.  To make sure granny stays within the speed limit in her wheelchair?  No its because all of that machismo that is running ramped. 

I enjoy Spring fishing and Fall fishing when the galloping hoards are not around.  Summer fishing is the pits if you factor in people.  For those sensitive ones I won't call them out of towner's but a few idiots can really mess things up around here in a hurry.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 10:33:07 AM »
very good question as well

perhaps some of those hammerin' captains can chime in?  ???  5hrug

nice thing about an open forum
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:41:30 AM by wb »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 10:52:36 AM »
My only answer to this is...

Because they drive the same way on pavement!!

slt

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 12:12:37 PM »
Pilot unto others as you want piloted unto you...
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-