Author Topic: Some help  (Read 2488 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Some help
« on: June 12, 2007, 05:54:15 PM »
Where can i get some nice blue fish blitzes!!!!! Haha well, where are the blue fish really hitting and maybe even some fluke.
I will be fishing the surf.  ;D  ;D

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Some help
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 06:06:11 PM »
Back of Raritan bay for the Blues, Old Orchard, Round Shoal, Perth Amboy t^

Choopers to 12-14 lbs ;D

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 06:35:31 PM »
Now can i fish off the shore for the back of the raritan bay ? And is it simple to get there from Garden state parkway.

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 06:53:51 PM »
Sorry, thought you had a boat......go to the keansburg fishing pier, or the shore line in Union Beach or Laurence HArbor t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »
you can get the bluefish anywhere off the surf.  Use bunker chunks, and look for the working birds.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 07:02:50 PM »
Hi fishon,

Why not give IBSP a try?  Just about everything is running (the bass are in slow mode) but the park is easy to get to and once in the park itself you have abt. 10 miles of beach to fish from.  There are parking areas all along the road and each parking area has an access to the beach.

My first place to try would be area A-7 the second access point for beach buggies.  just look for the troughs between the bars and the beach and the breaks between the bars.  Some really good fishing exists from this point south.  If your really energetic drive to the end of the road A-24 and hike to the north jetty and fish it or the pocket where the jetty meets the beach.

It is really neat to see bands of blue fish roaming up and down the beach devouring bait fish.

IBSP is easy to get to.  Take GSP to exit 82 and head East on Rt. 37.  Go over the bridge and stay to your right follow this and once the road straightens out go all the way to the end.

There are a number of good B & T's along the strip just make sure you have bait before you enter the park.  Betty & Nicks is after the Seaside Park Municipal Bldg.(in center of road)on your right, Grumpy"s although on the north side has easy access right after the first light when the road becomes straight.

Hope this helped.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 07:21:39 PM »
Hi Fish On,

I think that everyone has told you where the fish are "really hitting."

From land, the best spots in my area are:

1. Go to a Jetty off of Ocean Ave. In Long Branch and throw out a fish finder rig baited with spearing and squid. You will catch more fluke than you will know what to do with (maybe not all keepers but it is fun for hours at a time).

2. Bluefish are pelagic so if anyone tells you one little spot is lying to you. Right now, off the beach, the end of Island Beach State Park near the Barnegat Inlet in the North pocket is a great place to start. On the tide changes, you can walk down to the inlet and walk out toward the ocean or back to the bay and have a high probablity of catching.

By boat,

1. Same spot for fluke.
2. Sea Bass are all over the place - try wrecks on any artificial reef.
3. Stripers are down off the Seaside Ferris wheel and south.
4. Blues are everywhere ... everyday I come out of Manasquan Inlet they are breaking water.

I will be heading out of Barnegat Inlet tomorrow, weather permitting (it is suppose to be snotty in the PM - small craft advisories and the like). I will post what we find.

Capt. Ed

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 08:17:18 PM by Capt. Ed »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-