Author Topic: Fishing TOg Sunday 11-08-09  (Read 995 times)

Offline Cappyjoe08527

Fishing TOg Sunday 11-08-09
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:50:47 PM »
Took Joey out when I got home from work to do some togging. Left the dock at about 9:00 with an incoming tide. Off we went to Long Branch. First drop read fish but nothing, Second drop same thing read them but they wouldn’t bite. Third drop and I was thinking that the day would be just a boat ride. Fourth drop (now 11:30) a little farther off shore about 43 feet of water I found a piece of high bottom with good readings so I figured why not, well this was the spot. The tide was going out and the fish were biting. We went through two dozen crabs in about an hour and a half and got about 15-18 fish. Joey was a little frustrated because he wasn’t bringing up as many as I was but, with a little practice I do believe he will be a sharpie! He got his first blackfish and he though that it was great. We left them biting and were  back at the dock by 1:30  I can’t wait to get out there with him again. He is a lot of fun to have out on the boat. We got our two that we took home and the rest went back to fight another day. (Like November 16th). It was a beautiful day on the ocean and a really nice day of fishing. I will be going out again Tuesday to hopefully get some Bass and another Blackfish , Gotta use up the last of the crabs...

Tight Lines!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 11:57:32 PM by Cappyjoe08527 »
Ya gotta hook em' to cook em':)

E Z LIVIN'

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fishing TOg Sunday 11-08-09
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 06:37:21 AM »
Good job finding them Cappy. It pays to move around looking for the bite.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Fishing TOg Sunday 11-08-09
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 06:51:46 PM »
Nice job. Looking around pays off.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-