Author Topic: penn reel TRQ300LD  (Read 6047 times)

Offline JACKSON10

penn reel TRQ300LD
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:27:46 AM »
HELLO! I have a TRQ300LD penn reel and im looking for a review from someone that has used it,not the old sales pitch review.
thanks ???

Online Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: penn reel TRQ300LD
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 03:05:09 PM »
I think Hareball has that reel.  Although I don't think he fishes anymore. ;D

Offline Jeffish

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 09:38:12 AM »
Dave, after searching the many pages of google for a review on this reel, this is what I came up with:

"I am not one to use mid prices reels, due to the fact they usually don't hold up to our many tournaments. Man i was shocked by this one. It's a great reel and a great value. I would suggest it to anyone, from pig and jig, to just tossing a shad-rap. its a great all around reel."

"Best rod and reel I've ever owned, smooth, easy casting. Well worth the money"

"Although I didnt purchase this reel from
Cabellas I would still like to let everyone know about this reel. It is awesome. I fish it with 80lb powerpro for grouper and red snapper from 80-200 ft of water, live and dead bait. At first I was a little weary of the fast gear ratio, but penn proved me wrong. This reel is no joke. It is heavy without a doubt, but it is built to last! I recently hooked a nice red snapper, laid the forgrip on the rail and ripped this fish up from 126' like a 2 speed in low. The fish weighed in at 18lbs. And absolutly no problems with the drag or anti reverse like i have had with other reels. If you are looking for a quality offshore reel please consider this reel, I think you will be surprised!!"

"I spooled my 300 with 65# Tuffline braid and 40# Berkeley Big Game. My first use was on a long-range trip. I used it mainly for throwing bombs and jigs for Wahoo. Fast retrive did the trick on the 'Hoo. Super smooth drag and high quality (Made in USA!)."

"I was looking for a high quality star drag reel that could handle relatively heavy ocean duty on salmon, albacore and other Northern California fish. I also wanted something made in the USA. I was thrilled at the quality, much better than any picture could show. The solidness of the way it feels in your hand you know there were no cheap break the third time out parts. The finish is superb and the drag is almost limitless and very smooth when a fish is on. I'm looking at the TRQ 100 for lighter baitcasting with high performance."

"THIS REEL IS OUTSTANDING IN EVERY RESPECT. WE LANDED 4 JACKFISH TO 40 LBS, AND A MASSIVE 38" BULL RED WITH NO PROBLEM. EXCELLENT DRAG, EXCELLENT OVERALL PERFORMANCE! YOU CAN REALLY "HORSE THEM IN" WITH ONE OF THESE!"

"This is one heck of a nice reel and is built like a tank. I use this reel mainly to buttlerfly jig and it has the drag to stop any fish and the speed to move the jig either the regular or the long style. Besides, I reeled in 600yds of 65 lbs TuffLine which is necesary for real deep fishing."

I think your reel is good my friend!  chrz

Online Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »

"... I would suggest it to anyone, from pig and jig, to just tossing a shad-rap. its a great all around reel."

Might be a good reel, but I don't see anyway you can throw a Shad Rap on it.  nts

Offline Jeffish

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
That was a review from cabelas.com Not my personal review cause Dave(jackson10) won't take me fishing..  rgmn

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »
That's a Good Boat Reel  t^  Now you just need a boat  ;D

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »
I think Hareball has that reel.  Although I don't think he fishes anymore. ;D
Ready to rent a shack and go do some ice fishing?? ;D ;D ;D

The reel I have is the TRQ 200 star drag and it's my goto reel for almost every trip. Capt. Johnny B did get the TRQ300LD and had it on every trip we were on. Awesome reel but just a little heavy if your on a marathon bottom fishing trip. He was able to pitch with his set up but when it came to casting I cold smoke him with my 200. The 300 LD is more big game. If I ever have the cash I have had the 100 star drag on my mind a few years. It can collect dust with the others nosmly
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-