Author Topic: The 2010 Saltwater Fishing Expo Review.  (Read 4002 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
The 2010 Saltwater Fishing Expo Review.
« on: March 19, 2010, 11:58:17 PM »
Well all I have to say is if you miss this show you are missing one of the best shows I have been to in a while.  It is jam packed with new equipment that will revolutionize our sport, hands on equipment venders were extremely helpful and hopefully you will see many of them on our site soon as I almost ran out of cards (hint Rod).  

I have been to many unique booths but one stands out and it in in the rod category.  CTS rod banks and rods.  I have not felt a rod like thin yet.  They had an 8' rod that weighs only 4 oz's, I truly could fish that rod all day and have plenty of life in my arm to go all night.  Nice Job guys.

If you are interested in big money tournaments and are into striper fishing do I have a game for you.  Its the Hudson River Striped Bass Derby.  It is April 17, 18, 2010 and the Grand Prize if $100,000.00, WOW.I will post it on our calender.  But this club also promotes our younger ones with the Hudson River Youth Angler Program.  Check them our on the web at http://www.stripedbassderby.com .

There were many out of state fishing charters.  If you are planning to go out of state on vacation and want to try your luck on waters around Hyannis, Ma look up the Helen H  super nice crew.

Besides the great stuff to see at all the booths, there are the seminars, fantastic.  I went to Alberto Knie's surf casting seminar and I have to say this man knows his stuff.  I will be making use of his methods this year so if you see me on the beach "DON"T BATHER ME I AM BUSY", inside joke sorry.  His seminar started at 2:45 and I am not sure when it ended because I had to leave but I was into his seminar for over one and a half hours. I did get to see him cast and spool an outfit, I have to say that was a nice looking tree he hooked there.  The cast looked to be over 150 yards easily.

There were many seminars that are offered through out the day that would easily have cost you much more if you were to go to many other workshops.  The price to get into the Expo is $10.00 and if you have a coupon for $2.00 will you do the math.  I spent 8 bucks and spent most of the day totally engrossed in fishing discussions ans meeting some great people, many of which I hope take the advantage to log onto out site and offer their expertise.

I also saw a couple on our members there as well and it was great to see you guys, Pop Soul and Tacklebox Joe.  I missed some others but I am sure they all had a good time.

There are 2 days left so if you want to get out and try some net equipment, meet some very interesting people and partake in a few fantastic seminars by all means this is the one to go to.

I will be posting a few pictures tomorrow so stay tuned.

Happy Catching

Paul
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:45:44 AM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: The 2010 Saltwater Fishing Expo Review.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 07:52:39 AM »
Nice review Paul....good post TT^

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:42:22 AM »
 whs

Stop by and try the stuffed claims, real good. Never thought of putting shrimp in them.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 10:11:04 AM »
 t^

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:01:18 PM »
Nice write up, Paul

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »
 TT^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »
Right on the mark Paul. I was there on Saturday with the free tickets I won in Spring Lake. Fantastic show, both my wife and I picked up some nice goodies.  TT^  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline striper74

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »
So much tackle and gear for sale.... so little money available (in my case)!  I dumped about abuck and a half!  I saw a pretty cool impromptu presentation on how to throw a cast net from one of the vendors on Sun.  It appeared they had  just sold a net in a 5 gallon pail with a lid to a consumer, and were giving him a tutorial.  It's funny cause the guy was putting the line in his mouth.  I can't throw a cast net for the life of me, but a couple of years ago I had to take a complete physical to do a demolition job.  When I got the physical results I found out there is lead trace in my bloodstream!  Point being, the vendor was holding the net in his mouth.  I believe my lead trace is from biting freshwater sinkers when I was younger.  Who knows, I'm at a safe level but it's definately there!
I am not the boss of my house.  I don't know when I lost it.  I don't know if I ever had it. But, I have seen the boss's job and I do not want it! - Bill Cosby

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 11:47:22 PM »
It was good to see you again Paul was also nice to meet your uncle.  t^ I find these shows better to see new STUFF hitting the market rather then finding deals, years back some of the big manufactures would give you a free rod if you bought one of their rods at a booth. Although you can find some things priced better then say Cabela's. Its always good to catch a seminar. t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 11:53:37 PM »
One of the refreshing booth was the CTS booth.  The new technology being put into the rod blanks us unreal.  I could not believe how light the blanks were.  A 8' rod that only weighed 4 oz's.  Got to love it.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-