Author Topic: Big "Fat One's"  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
Big "Fat One's"
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:36:49 AM »
Anglers:

The Chesapeake Bay has come back to life. This last week, I had a few trips booked with the "Blakes". 1st time Saltwater Anglers and they wanted "Action".

So we set sail for the Eastern Shore around Fishermans Island looking for the "Running of the Bulls". And we found them. As soon as the anchor hit the bottom, it must have sounded the dinner bell. First line hit's the bottom with a Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab attached and it's "Game On".  cfzd The Tld lets out a high pitched scream and the T. Blake loads up for the fight. Keep in mind this is the young lads 1st trip in Salt and he hooks and lands his first " 48" Bull Red Drum". The fish was carefully released "Unharmed". Due to an aching "Tennis Elbow" it was all I could do to move the beautiful red around to measure him. After that we decided to pound the bottom around the high rise for some "Fat Spring Flounder". Nothing home and the tide was never right.

Day two they wanted "Meat" so we loaded up the "Tog" gear and to the Islands we went. 1st boat to our favorite spot and none stop action all morning! Loaded the coffin and gained our limit. While we were pulling anchor we noticed the bird activity off the beach was picking up, so I figured "Schoolie Blue Fish or Striper" let's go investigate. Trolled some small gear threw the loads of birds and bait and Nada..Nothing...Ziltch..Zero. I can't figure this out the & Furuno never lies. So I dropped a fish finder rig down on the bait balls and "Bam"..."Bam"...."Bam". Speckled trout, then a small Striper, then a few Croaker, then a few under sized Flounder! Amazing the variety of fish in this mahem! Gulls, Pelligans and Gannets tearing it up. We stayed until the crew, was wore out, then packed it up for a successful end to a wondeful two days of action.

Right now as the water temps are warming the variety of fish, moving into the bay is incredible. Next week the "Spring Trophy" Striper Season opens back up. Before long the Cobia will be moving back along with Spanish Mackeral, Spade Fish, and Blue Fish. A few reports of Black Drum are mixed in on the Eastern Shore along with the "Bull Reds". This just a few reasons why Va. Beach & The Chesapeake Bay is a highly desired "Sportfishing Destination".

If you want some "Chesapeake Bay"~ Va. Beach action give me a call while space is still left. Stay Tuned for upcoming "Open Boat" trips as
well.

Enjoy the pics! (Drum pics coming as soon as I receive them from the crew)

Tight Lines & See you on the Water!

Capt. Scott

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
Re: Big "Fat One's"
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:07:22 AM »
nice going capt. the tog looks tasty!

Offline L.T.

• AKA Laker Taker
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:22:19 AM »
OK, Now you got me hungry and it's only 7:30 AM  smk
Forgive your enemy but, remember the bastard's name.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »
Nice catch Capt.Scott
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:27:46 AM »
Nice job!  Hot fishing already...

clp

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:33 AM »
Sweet.  We may be down to fish the CBBT pier in June or July what is running there at that time?
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-