Author Topic: "Home Run"  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
"Home Run"
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:02:19 PM »
Anglers:

The story starts like this, for four years Brian and I have talked about Striped Bass Fishing. As the Manager of Little Creek Marina in Norfolk he has seen millions of Striper weighed in and he's written hundreds of Va Citations for anglers. As we were talking the other day he asked me how is the "Spring Trophy" season going. I heard of a report of four young men "hooting,hollering, dancing, singing, high fiving on your boat the other day. Whats that all about he asked? I told him they were catching their 1st Striper ever and loving it. He says "Man I'm almost 40 I seen a lot of Striper but never been fishing before. Can you help me out? I told him, meet me after work at 5 and "I'll wear you out".

Five O'clock rolls around and I sadle up the "Kaylyn" and we roll out to the "Seceret Hole". 30 kts to the grounds, slick calm seas and as we arrive I pull the sticks back, and the water is boiling with 40" Striper. He lights up and says "Holy &h!7" their everywhere.

We launch the light tackle assault, and they wont bite. We are literally hiting them in the head. Nothing!! We throw everything but the kitchen sink and nothing. We do this for two hrs and 55mins. As soon as the sun covers under the horizon, Brian yells out a scream like a 10 year little girl. FISH ON! His 1st Striped Bass, 31" inches. I tell him its gotta go back!! OK as he drops his head, as soon as his next casts hit the water....OOOOOHHHH MMMMMMYYYY......I look over and the Penn 550 is screaming now like the 10 yr old girl. This is a big one!! Brian mans up like Bill Dance on this one!! He fights the fish for 15 mins as the fish darts under the boat several times. The fish tires and this one is 41". His 1st "Trophy". END GAME!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:05:11 PM by On Course »

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
Re: "Home Run"
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »
AWESOME!!!  clp

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:14:11 PM »
Nice Capt Scott t^

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 06:41:43 AM »
More like Grand Salami! TT^

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 12:41:31 PM »
Nice clp

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-