Author Topic: Fluke  (Read 1344 times)

Offline bigmills

Fluke
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:08:11 PM »
OK I am not an expert but I have been fishing the Manasquan River since I was born in the Hospital that used to be over looking the river. I love the Squan...For fluke I like to fish a buck tail with a gulp and a loop tied into the rig about 16" above with a 4/0 circle hook and a 4" Gulp Mullet fed up the hook. I was using "fluke hooks" but switched to circle hooks with a lot less mortality.
I got stopped by the Marine Police just east of the train bridge because I was the only one catching fish. Myself and my brother caught over 60 fluke that afternoon with only 2 keepers and about 20 fish over 17" hopefully this year the 17" fish we released last year will put some food on the table this year. I love the Squan

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Fluke
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:53:05 PM »
Good info there bigmills. t^

OK I am not an expert but I have been fishing the Manasquan River since I was born in the Hospital that used to be over looking the river.

How long might that be?

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fluke
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 07:49:09 AM »
Nice. There are a lot of fish that come out of the Squan.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-