Author Topic: Fishguts Inshore Charters Barnegat Bay 6/9 report  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts Inshore Charters Barnegat Bay 6/9 report
« on: June 09, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »
  Today it was all bay fishing. A rare day that I run without a fresh bushel or two of clams in June. With the approaching front the ocean was out of the question.  I have not really looked around much for fluke in the bay this season and have only been hitting the blues of the flats on my way in and out to the wrecks. Today was the day to do some scouting. With my pop on board and a few request for some bluefish for BBQ this weekend we set off in glass calm conditions. A short ride down the bay I stopped short of Oyster Creek and let the top water plugs fly. A few turns of the reel and it was on. 6 feet of water and plenty of 1.5 to 3lb fish. Looks like a whole new body of fish moved in. These are the size fish that we normally see this time of year. Most years the 4lb and up stuff will move out when the water hits 70 degrees. With plenty on ice and the wind picking up we hit OC for some fluking. About an hour into the out going the grass was not bad a we managed a nice bite in the 3 to 6 feet of water along the channel edges. In a little under an hour we had 12 fluke from postage stamp to a 18.5" keeper. Another stop on the blues on the way home topped out our 30 fish limit and it was time to head  in. Plenty of fresh blues on the grill for this weekends parties. Also the crabbing has been very good around Seaside with nicer stuff showing every day. I have been avg over a dozen per pot on an over night set. Mostly number 2 males with some nice number 1 mixed in.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fishguts Inshore Charters Barnegat Bay 6/9 report
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »
Nice seafood smorgasboard there!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:43:03 PM »
 clp t^

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »
Nice catch you put together there

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 04:59:45 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-