Author Topic: Sea Hawk fluke report 6/20  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Mike Sea Hawk

• The Sea HAwk
  • Sponsor
    • The Sea Hawk
Sea Hawk fluke report 6/20
« on: June 20, 2010, 05:24:54 PM »
Nice crowd out for Father's Day. Drifting conditions not all that favorable but picked away at the fluke all day. Had some good flurries of action through out the day with plenty of fish being caught. Good amount of short fluke for steady action, some sea robins, a few bluefish, and overall a good amount of keepers.

Had a few with 5 each, some with 4, quite a few with 2 to 3, and the rest managed one or none.
Pool fish went 4 lb 13 oz and had 6 other fluke just a few ounces shy of that.

Mates started to fillet fish before we headed back and still had a few to do at the dock.

Got pretty hot out there and had to turn on the cabin AC. Seemed many onboard seemed to enjoy that TT^

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
Re: Sea Hawk fluke report 6/20
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:51:38 AM »
Nice report
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:57:13 AM »
nice day of fishing,some great pics t^    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 12:36:01 PM »
All in all not really a bad day. I had 3 keepers as did Theresa. We even had a 4# 5oz as our best fish.

Was sporadic bite. Had some shorts on the straight bucktail(1oz&3/4oz chartreuse spro tipped with gulp grub in white) and saw quite a few of them just yakking up loads of grass shrimp. Quickly tied in a dropper loop above the jig, slipped on a hook and tipped it with a 2" gulp shrimp. As soon as it hit the bottom it got slammed. First keeper of the day on the teaser. Told T to throw one on and she quickly tied the dropper and slipped on her teaser. Keeper for her on the teaser. I think I have it figured out but bite stopped.

Went back to the solo bucktail and switching up the Gulp. Figured a small strip of nice Sea Hawk squid would sweeten the deal and it did. Nice fish, possible pool contender slips into the net. T asked for her first keeper to be filleted so she could get some strips and dragged a salt-n-pepper strip combo to hook her nice fish.

Caught another keeper on the squid sweetend bucktail and T got her final keeper on her ultra pink spro/gulp combo. Had a good bucktail bite going on last two drifts, though mostly shorts and two of the biggest sea robins I've seen. Loaded with eggs. Capt Mike made me safely release them...I did think about wringing their pointy little necks but did the right thing.

High hook was a few guys with 5. Couple of regulars and some newbies managed 4 each. I guesstimated about 80-85 keepers for the boat. Pool fish had a few 4# class fluke vying for the win. T and mine at 4# 5oz, another one at 4# 3oz, another at 4.5#.

A slow pick for me but some good drifts throughout the day. Power drifting on a hot day and fishing the stern can be tough.

Air conditioned cabin...do I need to say more? ;)
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 12:50:58 PM »
mike,you and T had a great day  t^    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »
All in all not really a bad day. I had 3 keepers as did Theresa. We even had a 4# 5oz as our best fish.

Nice Catch!! A/C woulda been nice on YSA yesterday....

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »
Was a nice day, though hot and humid outside the cabin.

Brings my average for keepers up to 1.5 per outing, since I was rocking a solid 1 per trip  thud

XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-