Author Topic: Gimper Weekend Wrap Up  (Read 942 times)

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
Gimper Weekend Wrap Up
« on: July 01, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »
Better late than never I say.

Fri - 6/25 Wife had originally said I could get out fishing and I was just planning on going in the Squan River.  Well when I asked to verify it was still ok, still gave me the "SURE DEAR" answer that I knew I should have stayed home  thud.  90 minutes in and no fish, get the call from the wife to get my @$$ home and watch my son....... rgmn  2 hits to show for my time, but nice to get out and found a few rough spots I will surely be back to.

Sat - 6/26 Got out later then I wanted with my wife, son, and father in law (9ish by the time we hit the bay).  Decided to see if she and my son would like the boat, so we crabbed from about 4 and half hours over by the Mantalooking Bridge.  Good time, caught about 6 dozen crabs, about 2 dozen keeps and if I had a coke can to measure accurately, probably another down more.  The good is, my wife loved being out on it and having my 10 month son with me was good too.  Bad news is, I think she may want to do more of that then me fishing in the ocean in it  fcp.  On a side not, I nothiced 3 kids in a small boat using a snag net to catch crabs, they did not size one up at all and keep everything they caught…… nosmly   What are kids coming to these days and we wonder why we have regulations.

Sun - 6/27 Was supposed to work on the house and watch my son, but the wife went out for the morning so I got the free pass to fish with a buddy. Clp.  Hit the mouth of the inlet for an hr or 2.  Hit a spot or two in the ocean as well.  NOTHING, not one freaking bit from a fluke, where did they go.  As a side note, I did see the smallest fluke caught that I have ever seen.  Must have been about 6 inches.  Good to get out, set up a few spots in the GPS to plot to next time I get out.

Not a bad weekend.  We’ll see what happens this coming holiday weekend with all the crazys out and about.

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Re: Gimper Weekend Wrap Up
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:29:33 PM »
Nice job on the crabs Brian... it is unbelievable kids these days feel its right to keep everything they catch, if I saw that they would have never heard the end of it... but you were with your family so it must have been a little harder for you to let out some noise to them  t^... good thinkin... worked hard for the fluke but they were a no show... has the river been working out for you lately ?
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-