Author Topic: Saturday in the Raritan  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Saturday in the Raritan
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:52:08 AM »
Took my cousin out for his first fishing trip in years.  We started at the 11a and picked a couple shorts but nor much going on.  Moved a little further east and it was game on for him.  Had him flipping gulp while I was trying the bait.  Gulp was outperforming by a country mile so I switched over as well.  We drifted like an out of control asteroid towards Flynn's but the fishing was drop and pick every time  Tons of shorts and sea robins on the drift but no keepers on that one.  Wanted to take that drift again but my cousin wanted to take a cruise up the shore to see what it was like, so we pulled up lines and took a nice long cruise. 

Was getting hungry so we took a ride into the Highlands and docked up at the Clam Hut for some good eats.  He was getting good and happy with the Jack and cokes, I was itching to get out and try that drift again  Finally he struck out miserably trying to pick up 3 girls and back out we went   rofla

Headed back out to the reach and dropped the gulps down and it was game on lots of shorts but we finally bagged 4 keepers up to 21", 

12 hours on the water and some good long overdue family time, a great day was had   t^
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Re: Saturday in the Raritan
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:18:59 PM »
ooc asteroid
nice

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 06:18:30 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 06:37:29 AM »
Good Day. chrz

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:22:20 AM »
Looks like a good day t^ chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-