Author Topic: Fishguts Charters 8/31 Seabass & Tog limits  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts Charters 8/31 Seabass & Tog limits
« on: August 31, 2010, 07:38:26 PM »
Looks like we will end our season just like it started...With seabass limits. Today it was a 3 man charter of Blackfish Doug,Kurt, and Bill for a seabass slamfest. Glass calm all day with only an occasional swell made for just about perfect conditions. The guys enjoyed a very nice pick with a good keeper ratio . Not the "drop and reel " that I read about but just a nice day of putting limits of seabass in the box over the course of the trip. Plenty of 14" to 16" stuff with top fish going 2.75lbs. Doug also grabbed a 5 lb Ambejack  for a nice suprise. With the 3 anglers limited out with 75 seabass and grabbing a few myself it was time for blackfish. The warm water slowed the bite down but after about 30 minutes the anglers built a very nice bite of smaller 13" to 15" fish. Baits were getting hit as soon as they hit bottom. After boxing limits  of blacks we headed in with smiles on our faces. Looks like thats it for the Fishguts Charters ocean wreck trips this season(fun trip tomorrow). What a great summer of seabassing as they bit well most of the time(sorry Wreckfish) and we enjoyed nice quality also. I will start booking trips for 2011 sometime around January  and will again be running 7 days a week.

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
Re: Fishguts Charters 8/31 Seabass & Tog limits
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 06:33:19 AM »
Rob, congrats on a great season... Great chatting with you both on the water and off this season!!  Those seabass saved our collective asses this season and it was good working with you almost everyday out there!   t^

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

Offline Spearfish

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 07:02:56 AM »
Nice job.  You had a great year.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »
Great season Capt. Birch.

Now back to work ;D

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 06:22:58 PM »
Yep from 7-12s to 7-12s but now I don't have to worry about what direction the wind is blowing. Another one in the books. A very good year weather wise as I did not lose many trips. The seabassing was very good with great fish counts all season long and many limited out trips of quality fish.. I guess our fish don't spawn north of BI lol ;D. I did not see the spread of fish that I have seen in past years or the amount of bait but when you did locate them the box got filled. I do not think I had that "drop and reel fishing" that I  read about so often in many reports very many times. Most days it was covering lots of ground and working very hard to put a good catch  together for the charters. It would be nice to just drop the hook and load the box  but this is the summer time and they are seabass lol ;D. If thats all there was to it you might even see pictures with the "great seabassing reports"  and would see me offering ocean fluke charters lol. I did  a nice fun trip with my pop today. Great conditions and good fishing. We had a nice pick of seasbass close to the inlet grabbing our limits and then some very good blackfishing. I crushed the weenies and a handful of 3 lbers and Pop got the quality. Top fish was a nice 25" fish that weighed 10.1 on the digital. Thats about it for the ocean but I do have 14 quarts of live grass shrimp that I need to use by Mon. Here Mr weakfish I have some candy for you!!!!!!!!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
 clp

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »
Great season Capt Birch.  t^ But...there is plenty of fishing left to do.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »
Great season Capt Birch.  t^ But...there is plenty of fishing left to do.  TT^
Capt Joe I will be looking forward to your many reports this fall. I wish you the best of luck and fine weather. Maybe we will even get to fish togehter on a NJSWF trip. clp

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »
Yeah, we do have to get one together. Soon, I hope.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Eamon

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »
Birch,
      My family had a great season fishing with you. If I ever ask if the boys want to go fishing the first thing they always ask is "We going with Capt Birch?". Looking forward to many more years.
     Talk to ya soon,
     Eamon
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:10:39 PM by Eamon »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 04:18:01 PM »
Great Season Capt chrz!

slt clp

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 06:31:58 PM »
Birch,
      My family had a great season fishing with you. If I ever ask if the boys want to go fishing the first thing they always ask is "We going with Capt Birch?". Looking forward to many more years.
     Talk to ya soon,
     Eamon
welcome to the site Ed. Real nice people and the best party of all the online sites around here. ;D Always a pleasure having you and your fam out for a day of catching.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-