Author Topic: Barnegat Fishing 9/19  (Read 710 times)

Offline Capt Tom

• Sponsor
Barnegat Fishing 9/19
« on: September 21, 2010, 01:22:17 PM »
We finally got back out there. Today we had Jim Turtle and crew. Steve, Billy, and big Walt. After talking over our options we decided to go for a bluefish, bonito, or albacore what we call a speedster trip. We broke the inlet alittle later then I like, around 8am and found a beautiful, flat calm ocean as we headed straight out Barnegat Inlet about 5 miles. This is when being friendly and sharing info with other captains pays off. (Capt.Sam of Party Time Charters) We were heading to a spot that those guys had some luck the the day before.

We got set up and got the chum in the water by 8:45AM. We had a two guys with jigs, and the other two baited up with chunks and spearing floating in the slick. We had our first fish on about 15 minutes into the trip, a big bluefish taken by Bill on a jig. We then started to pick up acouple more blues about 10 to 12 pounds. They were hitting jigs and bait. I had a rig set way back on a balloon with some spearing  just thinking bluefin maybe. We would have lots of fun with the blues but no albies.

At around 1:00  we made a move a little further north and found a little cleaner and warmer water. And again we started catching bluefish. We had some wild periods where we would have every rod hooked up.

Finally, my balloon took off and this was no bluefish. I hooked the fish and gave the rod to Walt and it was on. I would say Walt battled this fish for a good 15 minutes or so before the fish spit the hook. Not sure what it was but I think it was a bluefin. I guess thats why they call it fishing not catching.

Overall, it was another great day on the water. Everybody had a great time catching some really nice bluefish. I lost count after 40 and all fish were released except two. Thanks Guys.

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
Re: Barnegat Fishing 9/19
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 01:33:39 PM »
 t^  Sounds like a good time!
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-