Author Topic: Birthday weekend recap  (Read 989 times)

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
Birthday weekend recap
« on: October 11, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »
Headed out on the Prowler on Saturday with my uncle. Sea Hawk had a charter so decided to go with a fast boat.  Had a great breakfast sandwich and picked up some Asian Shore crabs from b&t shop. $15 for a quart cfzd Maybe the dead ones and some rocks were extra  5hrug

Boat had some greenies onboard so was looking forward to drown some crabs. Fishing started off well with plenty of nice porgies coming up and some seabass. I quickly put a dozen nice porgies into the cooler as well as a seabass. Uncle was busy adding porgies too. He stuck with them while I went to the crabs.

Would start to build some life but then the boat would get moved. Had a few shorts and missed a couple. Think maybe 2 or 3 keeper togs on the boat from what I saw. Pool fish was a seabass, maybe 3# Saw a few with not all that many fish, but most seemed to have a nice catch dominated by porgies.

All in all a nice day spent with my uncle and had pretty good catching. Weather was beautiful too.  Was impressed my uncle got out of most of the snags himself and only donated a sinker to the bottom. Was good to see him catch a good amount of fish and hear him say "now you take home some of the fish that I caught."  T was happy with the nice sack of porgy fillets I brought her.

Sunday we decided to hit a pier in the back bay to use up some of the crabs I brought home from Saturday. I remember when tog season opened up on my birthday, 10/10. Always looked forward to that. Didn't think we'd catch much, maybe a few milkduds but wanted to see her catch some kind of tog as she'll be missing this season. We ended up catching some shorts and even a few keeper sized ones. Had one that probably would have taken the pool on Saturday even clp

All fish released to terrorize crabs again.

Didn't see much action there from any other anglers asides from a few small snappers.

All in all I had a good birthday weekend chrz
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Birthday weekend recap
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:00:29 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: Birthday weekend recap
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 02:22:59 PM »
Happy B-Day and catching fish... TT^ TT^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-