Author Topic: Delaware Blackfish Report  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Great American Fisherman

Delaware Blackfish Report
« on: November 06, 2010, 08:10:55 PM »
Went to Lewes, Delaware for a two week vacation.  Was only able to fish four times, but it was worth it.  The first trip I was invited on a charter. (Sunday, October 17)  Only had one keeper Blackfish.  Fished the Breakwater wall.  Lots of oyster crackers.

Next day (Monday, October 18) was on the Thelma Dale V Party Boat in Lewes Harbor.  Fished the ocean off of the Indian River Bridge.  Had four keeper Blackfish.  No oyster crackers.  Some nice keeper sea bass that had to go back in the drink.

The next trip was on a Thursday (October 21).  My favorite day to fish.  I had EIGHT Keeper Blackfish.  Most were in the 4 to 4.5 pound range.  One was a 15 incher.  My best day ever of Blackfishing.  Also on the Thelma Dale V. 

On Sunday, October 24 it was back on the Thelma Dale V.  A tad slow.  I had a 4.5 pound keeper Blackfish and that was it.  We had about 35 on board and maybe had 20 keepers.  Just a slow day.

Had an awesome time in Lewes, Delaware.  Excellent fishing, great boat and crew.  Awesome people to fish with.  Nice small town.  Even won $159 dollars in the lottery.  ;)

The blackfishing should only improve as the water cools down.  If you want Blackfish Heaven, forget NJ and go to Delaware.  Yea I had two slow trips, but others on the boat had a better day.  Plus, I am no pro.  Some of these folks I fished with are serious blackfish people.  But, that Thursday, I was the "pro and high hook".  Awesome day that I will never forget.  Plus I had a dozen shorts that day.

Be good!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Delaware Blackfish Report
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 10:45:26 PM »
Great Report.  sounded like a fun 2 weeks

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 10:07:24 AM »
 ;D clp Sounds great  slt

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 11:36:21 AM »
Good job Jim. Thanks for the report.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »
Nice report sounds like a good vacation t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-