Author Topic: 1/6Road trip to NJMFC meeting(summer flounder)1/6  (Read 7831 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Re: 1/6Road trip to NJMFC meeting(summer flounder)1/6
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 11:12:15 AM »
Maybe if they put a few boxes of donuts on the bill, that would be a sure way to get his attention ;D   Let's just hope this is really what us Rec fisherman want and serves us the best. At this point in time my personal opinion is it was the right thing at this time. If anything it really high lights the funding crisis and its effect on the Rec fishing community . A sober reminder was made at last nights meeting when it came to river herring. The statement was made that do to  lack of funding to complete stock assessments on NJ  river herring we may not have any landings next year. The statement was also made that this new bill is an unfunded mandate and the money will have to come from somewhere. Dave Chanda left the meeting prior to being able to clarify any funding questions and also prior to the public comment section.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
Dave Chanda left the meeting prior to being able to clarify any funding questions and also prior to the public comment section

How convenient. Ya think that was for a reason, or did he REALLY have a place he definitely had to be?

The more I think of how the meeting went last night the more it seems to me that the committee is just going thru motions and calling it good enough. I do hope that I am wrong about that. It just doesn"t seem like they are putting up a fight but just accepting what is presented to them from those above them. I do realize that they are limited in what they can do but how about swinging the bat a little harder and going for a home run instead of settling for a walk.  5hrug
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline The dropoff

• Sponsor
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »
It is funny how he leaves the room and then comes back at the end of the meeting.  Does it all the time......  He knows when to leave lol

Capt. Fran Verdi
Francesca Marie
27' CC May-Craft

RFA-NJ Member

We are now on Facebook come and be a fan. 

"I am a Fisherman and that is what I am"

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-