Author Topic: The new guy  (Read 3846 times)

Offline rss329

The new guy
« on: July 16, 2007, 12:55:30 PM »
Hi guys,

Was just surfing the net here at work and came across your friendly and very informative forum.

A buddy and I have been searching for other places to fish other than the Keansburg beach/pier. We both do not have a boat or know anyone that does so most of our fishing is done on a pier or on the surf.  We occasionally go on party boats but we know how expensive that can get since we fish almost everyweekend and sometimes even call out during the weekday to get some fishing time in =).

We mainly fish for fluke, and would like any info on "hot spots" where we can go?

Thanks in advance!

Roy

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: The new guy
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 01:16:18 PM »
very nice to have you.  If your looking for hot spots, just surf this site a bit, we have forums on here that will answer any questions you may have.  If you don't find the answers to your question, just post what you would like to know and we are all here to help each other.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 01:18:02 PM »
Welcome to the site.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 02:48:12 PM »
rss, welcome to the site. Luna is correct.  Surf the different forums and ask questions.  There are some here that strickly surf fish and they can point you in the right direction.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 06:04:32 PM »
Welcome To the site..

Feel free to ask away.  the boys love to type ;D

Offline fishinfool

• Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 06:04:50 PM »
Hi guys,

Was just surfing the net here at work and came across your friendly and very informative forum.

A buddy and I have been searching for other places to fish other than the Keansburg beach/pier. We both do not have a boat or know anyone that does so most of our fishing is done on a pier or on the surf.  We occasionally go on party boats but we know how expensive that can get since we fish almost everyweekend and sometimes even call out during the weekday to get some fishing time in =).

We mainly fish for fluke, and would like any info on "hot spots" where we can go?

Thanks in advance!

Roy

Welcome :)

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 07:26:03 PM »
Welcome and challenge us to help you!

Looking forward to some questions,

Capt. Ed

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 10:09:21 AM »
Welcome Aboard,

I also do the majority of my fishing off the surf.  My usual haunt is IBSP.  It can be challenging but fun.  I have been fishing the suds for over 50 years and enjoy it immensely.

If you ever want to give the park a try give me a call and I can either tell you what is going on down here or read some of the posts in the Conditions at IBSP.

Right now the park is hot and cold fishing wise.  We were out yesterday and caught fluke but were for the most part all shorts.  We were using clams and cut squid.

I was holding bottom with 2 - 3 oz with no problem.

Bring bug spray as the green head flies can be a pain (literely).  Yesterday the wind was out of the east so they were not bad.  If the wind if out of any of the westerlies you will have a fly problem. :-X

I hope to have the report up later today right now I have to go south to Cherry Hill to drop a package off.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 10:20:35 AM »
Welcome aboard  TT^

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-