Author Topic: Fishing Tomorrow - Location Thought  (Read 3931 times)

Offline fallenskater032

Fishing Tomorrow - Location Thought
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and from the looks of the website, I really like it. It has a lot of valuable information and a lot of active forms.

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts about were tomorrow. I want to take advantage of the nice weather. The places I was considering were going up to Sandy Hook and fishing the rivers. I was also looking at locations that the website provided. There were two places in Red Bank along the Navesink River. I figured Sandy Hook area would be good because it is near the bay and has shallow water. Low tides around 1 as well so it might be worth it. However, maybe the bass are far up the river? I'm not too sure. What does everyone think? I'll be using clams/worms. Thanks!

Offline hiking

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fishing Tomorrow - Location Thought
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »
I can't help you with that one. but welcome to the site. clp
Paul cell 908-415-9542

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »
Welcome to the site.  Right now if you are looking to fish up that way I would not choose the Hook just yet.  All the action is up the river around Pebble Beach, Belford, Union Beach and all in that area.  The water is a lot warmer up there than closer to the ocean.

Most of the action lately has been on Bloodworms and up there you can get away with clams as they are already gearing up to supply the B&T's so as they rake they break shells and that attracts all kinds of fish.

I hope this helps.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
 wa

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 07:17:26 PM »
Welcome Aboard!

Cliffwood Beach
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 08:11:36 AM »
 slt slt wa slt slt
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and from the looks of the website, I really like it. It has a lot of valuable information and a lot of active forms.

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts about were tomorrow. I want to take advantage of the nice weather. The places I was considering were going up to Sandy Hook and fishing the rivers. I was also looking at locations that the website provided. There were two places in Red Bank along the Navesink River. I figured Sandy Hook area would be good because it is near the bay and has shallow water. Low tides around 1 as well so it might be worth it. However, maybe the bass are far up the river? I'm not too sure. What does everyone think? I'll be using clams/worms. Thanks!

first of.....wa

It sounds like you have a grasp on things and I am glad to see a surf guy fishing the hook here.

Come the spring run, the areas you are looking to go will be on fire when the time comes.

Fishing the hook, sea bright, cliffwood, leonardo, the navesink and shrewsbury will be prove worthy if you put your time in at these spots this spring! You can count on that.

My suggestion would be to fish the backside of the hook on the outgoing tide down near the navesink or the spots suggested by Paul and Capt. Carl for now. During the spring run you will want to pay attention to the area called horseshoe cove. Many surf guys and yakkers like this spot because the bass will push the forage fish and congregate for a buffet there.  ;D

There has been reports of forage fish moving in both the navesink and shrewsbury rivers. If the forage fish are there the bass will soon follow. A few guys have been picking some keepers on clams and small bombers (5-6"ers) in the rivers and backside of the bay. As time progresses the water will warm up. It is still early for "all out action" but the resident bass have started to wake up from the long winter.

below is a map of SH, take a look...print it out if you want. It will give you an idea.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:04:48 AM by Tacklebox Joe »

Offline fishslayer10

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
 whs welcome aboard my friend ,and have a great season......

Offline nascarwarren

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »
 slt chrz Welcome

Offline fallenskater032

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 12:30:31 AM »
 ;D Thanks everyone for the warm greetings. It is nice to see that a lot of people are active on this website and can share information. I wasn't able to get out to the hook on that nice day. I'm only a college kid and a lot of my friends decided to go to the beach. Went in twice, and damn that water is cold.

I've been keeping my eye on the water temperature charts and they really haven't seemed to change much. I plan on heading up to the hook on the next nice day and sit there for a while, maybe with a few friends.

Thanks Tacklebox Joe for the map of Sandy Hook. I plan to note the suggestions and leave it in my car. The hook has been good to me in the Spring. Went 10/12 on clams last spring around May. It was an amazing day that definitely beat taking finals. So I hope to see the hook start to heat up as the weeks go by. 

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 08:12:51 AM »
No problem. 10 for 12 is not a bad record at all   clp Hope to see you at the Hook this spring  t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-