Author Topic: Heading out to LBI now  (Read 3285 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Heading out to LBI now
« on: July 18, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »
Well, taking my vacation a day earlier than expected. Work is a little slow and the end of the week is looking pretty crappy. Going to head out for LBI in about 1 1/2 hours, do a little fishing at the Barnegat Inlet for some fluke, then go out to a seafood restaurant. Will be trying the surf by the North Jetty early morning and late evenings for stripers. Will be back with a report either Friday or Saturday. Hopefully I have good reports!!!!  ;)

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Heading out to LBI now
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 10:36:10 AM »
Hi fishon,

Good Luck and have a great vacation. the weather might be a little snotty but I am sure you will enjoy your stay down at LBI.

If you want a report give me a call on my cell as I probably will be out IBSP tomorrow.

Cell 732-684-0385

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 12:26:46 PM »
Hi fishin,
Have a good vaca and catch em up.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
The report
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 06:07:51 PM »
Not much to report about. Got down wednesday evening, wasnt sure where to go. Went just off the shore near some rocks for about an hour, not a single hit. Hung out at the house for a while, noticed that Paul (PED) had called me, so i called him back, and he gave me alot of helpful information on where to go. I went out for stripers at the barnegat inlet off the sea wall right there, but the current was ripping through, not even 8 oz's was holding bottom. Fished there from 745 until about 10 o clock. No fish. Next morning fished the same place at 3 in the morning, no fish again. Wasnt sure what I was doing wrong. Went back to the house/beach/swam and what not. Went back fishing at the inlet later on, fished the shallow water there for snapper blues with a little spoon and had a great time catching them, one after the other. Caught alot of snappers. Then walked out to the north jetty, off of 9th street in Barnegat, caught 1 sea robin and 1 sand shark. No fluke, no stripers, no big blues. Fished today for a few hours this morning from around 9 am until 2 in the afternoon. Caught about 35 snappers between my cousin and I. All on a spoon OR a little piece of squid on a little hook. Wish i had my trout pole, would have been great catching them and alot more fun. Still had a good time, but I still think that LBI is a place to have fun with the family. It is very clean, it isnt packed, and there ISNT a boardwalk in the center of the town, which I like because that attracts millions of people. Nice restaurants, ate at Howards and Romandos (i think its called). Great places. Thought i saw speakeasy Pizza (Bob do you work there) Forgot if you did or not. All in all, it was a great vacation and its nice to be back home. Came home a day early  ;)

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:29:49 PM »
It sounds like you had a great time despite the lack of big fish.  I learned a long time ago that surf/bank fishing is a hit and miss proposition.  Getting out with a rod n reel is the important thing.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 07:28:36 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 01:12:30 AM »
Sorry for the lack of fish but it sounds like you had a good time getting to know the area.  Too bad you did not have the time to rent a boat and try the bay fishing or crabbing.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-