Author Topic: Reel Fun Sportfishing-5/6 Striper Report  (Read 902 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Reel Fun Sportfishing-5/6 Striper Report
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:59:32 PM »
Fellow Anglers,

Today's Striper charter with the Gene Lens party started slow as I decided to start the day clamming at the clam beds off the Sandy Hook beach. After an hour of "nothing" decided to make my move to a spot at Flynn's Knoll that is usually very good on outgoing water.

Once again, I wasn't disappointed with the move. We waited out the tide change and then BANG....fish on with clams. Amazing how these Stripers like just the right conditions when they decide to chow down. We limited out with some really nice healthy fish up to 34" and lost 2 more "beasts" right at boatside. Ouch!

Anyone wishing to fish for Striped Bass, now is the time. The bunker are in, so the Bass are responding to bunker chunking, clamming as well as trolling Stretch 25's. One thing I did notice was the water temp's in the ocean have cooled down which could explain the slow fishing at the clam beds. But then again Romer was "on" today .....so much for logic. Once we moved inside and with an outgoing tide the water temps jumped 4 degrees in less than an hour.

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Reel Fun Sportfishing-5/6 Striper Report
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 09:08:05 PM »
Nice trip catch John  t^

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 08:52:21 AM »
Way to spark it up Capt John.  Sent the crew packing with a load of goodies!  Nice trip TT^

Offline Tbone

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:11:47 AM »
Good day with the charter is always a blessing.  Thanks for the report Capt! 

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-