Author Topic: Pilot 5/15 - Skunk, Kooz, Boot Camp boy  (Read 1133 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot 5/15 - Skunk, Kooz, Boot Camp boy
« on: May 15, 2011, 08:32:29 PM »
Had the home boys out this morning. Breaking the bay on the trailing edge of a nasty, cranky, crappy looking cell.  Had a window afterwards that worked in our favor.  It was one of those conditions that suggested balls to the wall blitz.  Half a bush were in tow and two dozen or so freshies that Reel Tight left on a slab of ice and we were set for bait.  Thanks brother!   t^ Made it the north west corner of the Knoll and 15 minutes into it, the crossing guard drops the hammer on nice fatty. He's got the stink off quick and we're feeling the love.    The bite afterwards was slow pick.  rgmn A sniff, a touch, pick it up and drop type of bite.  No one would commit with the exception of the skates that seemed to chow down of every thing I had to offer.   We had bunker out, clam, combo's.  No matter we struggled to get something going.   Moved three times trying to find a rythmn.   Skunk was the only one getting it done.  He put three in the box, the first, a tagged, and the whistler and he pinched a few bluefish.  Nice job T  TT^ Major Doodie had a good time at it picking away.  One fish a half inch shy from a first down and a second fish short that was thrown out at the plate.   Boot camp boy did his best impression of bugs bunny getting chased by the monster after bugs inhaled some ether!  I'm going to gettttchu littttlle bunnny rraaabbbit...  rofla Jay was knocking off some serious ZZZ's   ZZZZzzzzz, cchchhhch, ZZZzzzzz. and went empty handed for the day.  Next time brother.   I finally got off the skating rink while we were at our final drop for the day near the sand waves in 12 ft of water.  This fish was so non-typical for the day.  Nearly ripped Tikki from the rod holder on a dead stick.  Finished up at 2:00 and headed back to the barn.   Count for the day 6 bass, 4 of which kept. 4 blues,  ???? many skates, a short fluke (skunk again) and a couple of spider crabs.   

Kind of a crazy day with rain here and there, fog so thick you couldn't see 100 yrds in front and then the sun trying to burn things up.  Good to get out with the home crowd.  Struggled to get some fish but put a catch together.  Great company.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Pilot 5/15 - Skunk, Kooz, Boot Camp boy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 09:00:29 PM »
Great report.. Great trip t^

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:20:47 AM »
 t^ whs t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Tbone

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 08:18:35 AM »
Way to put a catch together for the home town gang.  T-Bone

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »
way to pull it out guys
nice trip and fish

Offline shayshay

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »
I was catching those ZZZZZZ's on the Z'Obsession and that was all I was catching.. >:( I think that was my first time in my life i was ever skunked..  :headscra:

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-