Author Topic: Fishguts 6/1 Barnegat blues on the flats  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts 6/1 Barnegat blues on the flats
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:18:24 PM »
Today I ran the first light tackle blues on the flats trip of the season. Glad it was a shallow water trip as the wind really came on. The 2 anglers,Kurt and Steve just got a new smoker and were hoping to load up on the blues. We located a huge body of fish with most coming from less than 3 feet of water. We even enjoyed a one full mile drift down a flat of steady action. I think that the longest I have ever had. No  real big fish but steady 16" to 20" fish with a 3 to 4 lber mixed in on light tackle. This time of year the fish are feeding  mainly on baby winter flounder and grass shrimp so we are seeing next to zero bird play.It still amazes me to look at a barren clean flat explode when the plugs are ripped across them. Looks like the guys new smoker will be working over time as we boxed a legal limit and released until their arms wore out. A real fun morning on a windy day   

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Fishguts 6/1 Barnegat blues on the flats
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 06:12:44 PM »
That sounds like Fun t^

Offline Axehandle

Re: Fishguts 6/1 Barnegat blues on the flats
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »
That's quiet a body of fish t^
I FISH therefore I am.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-