Author Topic: Thursday fishing  (Read 1253 times)

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
Thursday fishing
« on: June 03, 2011, 03:12:58 PM »
Went down to the marina wed. after work. made some bait between the boomers and around 630 headed around the hook. Ran down almost to the highlands but nothing was happening so back up to flynns knoll. Drifted some bunker chunks and had a few run offs then a double hookup.   First in was a blue and then a nice fat 40" bass.   more lightning on the way so I ran in asap. Slept in the boat to be ready first thing. Filled the well early and was down by long branch by 7am . had one nice bass that did not realize it was even hooked and then nothing for the rest of the day. Went to AP and back up then south again. lots of bunker but no bass. Finally ran north letting everybody think we were done but I had one more try in mind. Got to the " area" and in 60foot set out 2 livies. 3 guys were in the cabin snoozing wanting to go home when my bait was hit. It was a good 10 minute fight for the 30 pounder. Thought it was going to be m pb. Now everybody is out and looking to fish so we have 5 livies out. I get bit again and then a 3rd time before anyone else hooks up.  Had a blast for an hour, all 30lbers on livies till we ran out and they were hiting chunks, whole dead ones and plugs. Wind got worse and worse as the day wemt on. After the bite died we headed home only to be hit in the face with rariton bay 4-6s. Maybe even more.  It was a long ride in. Waves coming over the bow....This is iside of the hook. It was a mess.  Made it back ok and had nice fish to fillet. Threw back a bunch too. Long day but very happy to have put my buddies on the fish. My buddy Phill had his pb at 30lbs.   Wish my cam was not broke...
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
Re: Thursday fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 03:23:35 PM »
Guess I'm good for something!... would have had some good pictures thats for sure!.... chrz way to go Capt. Sudzy chrz
Freedom 3

Offline hiking

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »
good trip for sure, it's nice when you don't give up and it pays off. by the way, I was fishing the highlands side of the ammo pier and it took me a hour and twenty minutes to get to port monmouth, 5 knots or less all the way.
Paul cell 908-415-9542

Offline Axehandle

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
Way to hang with it.
I FISH therefore I am.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »
Good trip.  great report t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-