Author Topic: RECOIL Guides  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
RECOIL Guides
« on: July 28, 2007, 10:43:05 PM »
I am thinking about buying a St. Croix Legend Inshore rod with the new titanium RECOIL guides.  I like the feel of the rod.  It is extremely light and has a sweet action.  However, I'm not sure I'm going to like the guides. 
Does anybody have any experience with this, or any other rod, that was built using these guides?  I have heard good and bad.  The bad was that they are noisy as heck when using braid.  Also, that they are not as smooth as say a Fuji Alconite.  The good was their extreme light weight, that they are 100% rustproof, and nearly impossible to break.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bob
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 10:45:13 PM by Bucktail »

Ruger314

Re: RECOIL Guides
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 10:58:38 PM »
I personally think I would wait a little, too new in the industry to know whats the real story on them.. I personall like all the Fuji Turbo guides. For me they have a little more stout to them??

Joe G

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: RECOIL Guides
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 01:59:08 AM »
To new to tell.  I personally don't like anything that moves on my rod.  It is hard enough to think of all the variables and to have to worry about moving guys I don't think so.  At least for me.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-