Author Topic: Are they gone?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline nave

• Full Member of the Den
Are they gone?
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:50:54 PM »
Any chance of cathing Striped bass off the jetties and beaches?  Or are they heading north already?

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Are they gone?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
where are you ?

270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline nave

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »
I have been going for the last week and a half between monmouth beach and asbury.  Everyone i see said they have not seen or caught anything.  No bunker around either.

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »
I have been going for the last week and a half between monmouth beach and asbury.  Everyone i see said they have not seen or caught anything.  No bunker around either.

:headscra: :headscra: :headscra: :headscra:

i've been out everyday this week and i've seen bunker and bass ccuaght. We had a few days last week where everything dissappeared but they are eating again.

Also, we shld be seeing another wave of bass coming up the coast...I expect to see bass caught up to the first of July but this is just MPO.....

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »
i cant vouch personally from the surf in those areas but i have seen alot reports that they are still being steadily caught and i agree that they will be around for a little longer
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 08:46:16 AM »
They are still around and catchable off the surf.  We had a slight upwelling so the water temps are a bit off and when that happens the catch either shuts down of slows.  In this case it just slowed a bit.

I have not been out in a week due to car troubles but we are going out Thursday night to IBSP and we'll see what happens.  Water temps are up again and the moon will be cooperating just the tides are a bit off but what the heck 2 out of 3 are not to bad.  Plus I think they are calling for western winds which will also help out a tad.

Just by calling some shops and reading reports one of the reasons for the lack of catching and not hearing about catches was the griping of the B&T's that no one was going out.  The beaches have been void of anglers for the most part.  Go figure.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline nave

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 02:22:21 PM »
Went last night to monmouth beach.  No bunker to be found.  Caught a couple blues on swimmers.  That was about it.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-